Class not registered - error

Hi there, am having problems with MSN Messenger 7.0 it was working perfectly for a month or so, but in the past couple of weeks have been experiencing
some problems. Running Windows XP MCE on a Toshiba laptop.

They first came to light when I closed conversation windows, there is a pause of about 10 seconds then an error message pops up with the message:

"An error occured writing the message history for <contact>:

Class not registered"

It also locks up for about a minute when Winks are applied and when people send me messages it also locks up for about 20 seconds.

Has anyone had this problem and successfully resolved it? Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled
it about 4 times to no avail.

Thanks

Justin

I had the same problem after going through the lengthy process of
removing some spyware from my computer thanks to Internet Explorer.

From what I can work out, Justin, it seems to have something to do with
saving your conversations from messenger. Not sure what exactly, but if
you turn off the option to save conversations, this might remove the
error. It has done on mine.

--
Undrop79Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access