can't receive jpg files

May 28, 2005 7:46:15 PM

I'm unable to receive jpg files with my messenger. I've disabled my xp
firewall, but they are being blocked ... message says they are considered
unsafe (or something like that). Is there a way to unblock those files ...
even if it's temporary.

Working on windows xp, sp2

More about : receive jpg files

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:11:44 PM

Greetings DianaH,

To fix this, download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg

You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eKaHn68YFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I'm unable to receive jpg files with my messenger. I've disabled my xp
> firewall, but they are being blocked ... message says they are considered
> unsafe (or something like that). Is there a way to unblock those files ...
> even if it's temporary.
>
> Working on windows xp, sp2

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:08:26 AM

Thank you Jonathan,
I've run the file but don't might not have an opportunity to test it
tonight, but I'll let you know either way.
I'm glad there's a fix.
Diana

news:o 4K3efEZFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Greetings DianaH,

To fix this, download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg

You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm unable to receive jpg files with my messenger. I've disabled my xp
> firewall, but they are being blocked ... message says they are considered
> unsafe (or something like that). Is there a way to unblock those files
> even if it's temporary.
>
> Working on windows xp, sp2

May 30, 2005 4:03:51 PM

Hi Diana,

Please do :)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:o u9mRTMZFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thank you Jonathan,
> I've run the file but don't might not have an opportunity to test it
> tonight, but I'll let you know either way.
> I'm glad there's a fix.
> Diana
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> news:o 4K3efEZFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Greetings DianaH,
>
> To fix this, download and run the following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
>
> You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm unable to receive jpg files with my messenger. I've disabled my xp
>> firewall, but they are being blocked ... message says they are considered
>> unsafe (or something like that). Is there a way to unblock those files
>> even if it's temporary.
>>
>> Working on windows xp, sp2

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 9:43:04 PM

Jonathan,
Someone sent me jpg files last night and I received them just fine. Thanks
so much for your assistance ... once again. You're always helpful. I
appreciate it.
Diana

Hi Diana,

Please do :)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:o u9mRTMZFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thank you Jonathan,
> I've run the file but don't might not have an opportunity to test it
> tonight, but I'll let you know either way.
> I'm glad there's a fix.
> Diana
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> news:o 4K3efEZFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Greetings DianaH,
>
> To fix this, download and run the following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
>
> You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm unable to receive jpg files with my messenger. I've disabled my xp
>> firewall, but they are being blocked ... message says they are considered
>> unsafe (or something like that). Is there a way to unblock those files
>> even if it's temporary.
>>
>> Working on windows xp, sp2

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:15:13 PM