Jonathan Please Help

I am using Windows Messenger 4.7 client for exchange 2000 server.
The status sometimes doesn't change from online to away when the computer is
inactive and sometimes doesn't change from away to online when computer
active.
I have already set the screensaver time and inactive time.
Could you help me please ?

For messenger plus, I have install it but when I install Microsoft spyware,
it detect spyware in messenger plus, so I uninstall the messenger plus. Do
you know about it ?

Regards

I could provide some solutions that may help you but I can't since your post is
directed at Jonathan. Out of courtesy, it is not nice for me to response.

"darlie" <darlie891@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows Messenger 4.7 client for exchange 2000 server.
> The status sometimes doesn't change from online to away when the computer is
> inactive and sometimes doesn't change from away to online when computer
> active.
> I have already set the screensaver time and inactive time.
> Could you help me please ?
>
> For messenger plus, I have install it but when I install Microsoft spyware,
> it detect spyware in messenger plus, so I uninstall the messenger plus. Do
> you know about it ?
>
> Regards

Greetings Darlie,

A number of things can stop the idle detection from working properly, unfortunately you'll
have to basically use process of elimination to find out what it is.

Since you have Plus installed (others have already addressed the spyware issue), open the
main Messenger window, clicking the Plus! menu, then Preferences, General Options, then
Miscellaneous and make use of the "Automatically change status after a period of inactivity"
option there instead.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"darlie" <darlie891@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows Messenger 4.7 client for exchange 2000 server.
> The status sometimes doesn't change from online to away when the computer is
> inactive and sometimes doesn't change from away to online when computer
> active.
> I have already set the screensaver time and inactive time.
> Could you help me please ?
>
> For messenger plus, I have install it but when I install Microsoft spyware,
> it detect spyware in messenger plus, so I uninstall the messenger plus. Do
> you know about it ?
>
> Regards

TRENDING THREADS