Windows Messenger on Intranet without Internet Connection

Hi

Looks like it should be pos. 2 use Messenger on our Intranet (which has NO
Internet connection - except via Terminal Server = NO .net Passport access)?

What do I need 2 do 2 configure configure a Communications Service on our
intranet server?

Thanx

Medium
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger intranet internet connection

    Greetings,

    You'll need either a Live Communications Server or Exchange IM server to do this, otherwise
    you can't use Windows Messenger for this purpose.

    If you're looking for something similar but lower key, you may want to look into solutions
    like LanTalk (http://www.lantalk.net).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Medium" <alanholm@armscor.co.za.NO.SPAM> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Looks like it should be pos. 2 use Messenger on our Intranet (which has NO
    > Internet connection - except via Terminal Server = NO .net Passport access)?
    >
    > What do I need 2 do 2 configure configure a Communications Service on our
    > intranet server?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Medium

Intranet Messenger Internet Connection Windows XP