Windows Messenger on Intranet without Internet Connection

June 1, 2005 9:48:03 AM

Hi

Looks like it should be pos. 2 use Messenger on our Intranet (which has NO
Internet connection - except via Terminal Server = NO .net Passport access)?

What do I need 2 do 2 configure configure a Communications Service on our
intranet server?

Thanx

Medium
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 7:13:07 PM

Greetings,

You'll need either a Live Communications Server or Exchange IM server to do this, otherwise
you can't use Windows Messenger for this purpose.

If you're looking for something similar but lower key, you may want to look into solutions
like LanTalk (http://www.lantalk.net).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!