P 4 Northwood MB

G

I am looking for a P 4 NW OC board. I was highly considering the MSI 845 ARU ULTRA until I read the review at this site.

My next choice is the Asus P4B266 E .... the one with on board RAID but I cant find it anywhere

Does anyone know when this board will be available in the US

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
go with a i845D chipset on a mobo that will allow you to lock the PCI and AGP bus.

<b> <font color=orange> Forum police </font color=orange> </b>
<font color=blue> Here to preserve respect and friendship </font color=blue>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i havent seen an asus board that supports both P4 and RAID...you'll better off looking for an ABIT board...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

G

You mean a board that will allow you to run it asyncronamenously ...... and which one will that be

G

Its called the Asus P4B266 E ..... and that is why I asked the question

I dont think the Abit board is anything special ..... it definately does not have the following like the KR7 does

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
P4B266-E is a very good overclocking board, and I guess its pretty much available everywhere. Its available here in India, so it should be available elsewhere too!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Look at the ABit BD7-RAID. It will overclock better than any other P4 mobo save the ABit TH7-II.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Well I cant find it anywhere

I even e - mailed Asus about this but I got no reply

G

I have not found many good results from this board. In fact from all the OC databases on the net the Abit board is very infrequently sited

FatBurger

Illustrious
AMD_Man is exactly right.
I have the TH7II-RAID, and I highly recommend it. I'm at a 55% overclock with the stock heatsink, very stable.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

Which Brand Of Rambus Is Good

I have no idea of which brand to look for

For those that Own the Abit TH7 - 2, which brand do you have

And is it a must to get two sticks

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The ABit BD7-RAID and the ABit TH7-II have the same overclocking features. The BD7 uses DDR however, which is why not many people like it.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yup! here I am!

Kaiser, as everybody is saying, I suggest you drop DDR-RAM and go for RDRAM, both Asus P4T-E and Abit TH7-II are at par with each other in features and stability, but Abit does have a RAID option.

If you insist on DDR and RAID, I guess you shouldnt look for anything else than the P4B266-E, there are pretty good results with this board.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>