Terminal Services and user status

We're running Windows Messenger 5.1 on Windows Server 2003 Terminal
Services. It works fine except for one issue. We are seeing the user
status set to Away even though the user is actively engaged in work on the
session. We're even seeing it set to Away when the user is actively having
an IM conversation! I looked in the KB and didn't see anything about this
problem.

Anyone else seeing this or have advice? Is it a known (to MS) problem?

--
Hal Berenson, President
PredictableIT, LLC

Greetings Hal,

This is a known issue, the only real way to solve it is to turn off this functionality (click
the Tools menu, then Options, then Preferences tab, uncheck 'Show me as "Away" when I'm
inactive for 5 minutes').
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Hal Berenson" <hberenson@predictableit.com> wrote in message
> We're running Windows Messenger 5.1 on Windows Server 2003 Terminal
> Services. It works fine except for one issue. We are seeing the user
> status set to Away even though the user is actively engaged in work on the
> session. We're even seeing it set to Away when the user is actively having
> an IM conversation! I looked in the KB and didn't see anything about this
> problem.
>
> Anyone else seeing this or have advice? Is it a known (to MS) problem?
>
> --
> Hal Berenson, President
> PredictableIT, LLC

Thanks