Problem with receiving MP3-files from other users

Hello!

Now I have got a problem that seems to be easy to solve ,but the
result was not as it schould be.

I want to receive some MP3-files from my friends, but when they start
to send, My Messenger (Windows XP servicepack 2, Windows Messenger)
tells me that there was a security risk and the operation was
cancelled. There were no problems in sending to the same friends.

I found out in the Microsoft help system, that one checkmark was wrong
in the folder settings, in the file types list. But the unchecking of
the "confirm opening after download", or what that is in English, did
not change the situation.

Where can I now try to find out the solution?

---J---

Greetings,

This is a new "security" feature. Assuming you're using Windows XP SP2, you can disable this
by downloading and running the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jarkko Setälä" <jarkko@eiroskaa.setala.fi> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Now I have got a problem that seems to be easy to solve ,but the
> result was not as it schould be.
>
> I want to receive some MP3-files from my friends, but when they start
> to send, My Messenger (Windows XP servicepack 2, Windows Messenger)
> tells me that there was a security risk and the operation was
> cancelled. There were no problems in sending to the same friends.
>
> I found out in the Microsoft help system, that one checkmark was wrong
> in the folder settings, in the file types list. But the unchecking of
> the "confirm opening after download", or what that is in English, did
> not change the situation.
>
> Where can I now try to find out the solution?
>
> ---J---

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:32:32 -0400, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
<#ICGKSUaFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>

>Greetings,
>
>This is a new "security" feature. Assuming you're using Windows XP SP2, you can disable this
>by downloading and running the following .reg file:
>http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
>You'll need to restart Messenger to see the change.

OK, I found the .reg-file ,but I don't know where to putit or what to
do with it? I have now only saved it to my hard disk to a download
directory for temporary files where it is waiting for the next action.

---J---

Hi,

You run it and click Yes!