How stop Messenger Loading

I don't use Messenger, but I keep getting notices similar to "An
Application Change has been installed in the Startup Registry --
C:/Program/msmsgs.exe."

Would someone please tell me where to find the instructions one how to
stop 'msmsgs.exe' from installing?

Thanks

Mike

I myself just nuked messenger from the Start, Run Command.
Paste this entire line in, you will have to reboot.
Best,
Treeman
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

--
Treeman

Thank you Treeman.

There is a line-break in the 'Run' statement in you message below. I
assume that there should be no space in the line
"--FSection%winddir%IN--".

Also, it isn't that I don't trust you, but could someone else confirm
that this is a valid approach to stopping Messenger from loading?

Thanks

Mike

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:38:47 -0500, Treeman
<Treeman.1q5u5d@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>I myself just nuked messenger from the Start, Run Command.
>Paste this entire line in, you will have to reboot.
>Best,
>Treeman

>RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
>%windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

>>I don't use Messenger, but I keep getting notices similar to "An
>>Application Change has been installed in the Startup Registry --
>>C:/Program/msmsgs.exe."

>>Would someone please tell me where to find the instructions one how to
>>stop 'msmsgs.exe' from installing?

sunny

"Mike Fox" <mikefox@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thank you Treeman.
>
> There is a line-break in the 'Run' statement in you message below. I
> assume that there should be no space in the line
> "--FSection%winddir%IN--".
>
> Also, it isn't that I don't trust you, but could someone else confirm
> that this is a valid approach to stopping Messenger from loading?

Remove Messenger : Copy/Paste into "run" box :
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Thanks everybody.

Mike