webcam problem

i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok with yahoo
messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same problem, is
there a solution?
4 answers Last reply
More about webcam problem

    Greetings,

    At which point doesn't it work? Are you able to use it in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
    the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings option (also under Tools)?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
    >i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok with yahoo
    > messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same problem, is
    > there a solution?

    I am having the exact same problem. I have a Veo Stingray webcam and
    it was working with 6.2 and then I updated to 7.0 and now it doesn’t
    work. The webcam shows up in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard, but will
    not work. I have tried to use the webcam with two other users who are
    using 7.0 also. Let me know of any suggestions, thanks.

    >"]Greetings,
    >
    >At which point doesn’t it work? Are you able to use it in the
    >Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
    >the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings
    option
    >(also under Tools)?
    >Jonathan Kay
    >Associate Expert
    >All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    >
    >"israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
    >>i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok
    >with yahoo
    >> messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same
    >problem, is
    >> there a solution?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-webcam-problem-ftopict542673.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1733749

    Greetings,

    Well you can use the older webcam functionality within MSN Messenger 7 by clicking the
    Actions menu, choose Audio/Video, then choose More, then Start a Video Conference.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "kvilhaue" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I am having the exact same problem. I have a Veo Stingray webcam and
    > it was working with 6.2 and then I updated to 7.0 and now it doesn't
    > work. The webcam shows up in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard, but will
    > not work. I have tried to use the webcam with two other users who are
    > using 7.0 also. Let me know of any suggestions, thanks.
    >
    >>"]Greetings,
    >>
    >>At which point doesn't it work? Are you able to use it in the
    >>Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
    >>the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings
    > option
    >>(also under Tools)?
    >>Jonathan Kay
    >>Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    >>Associate Expert
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    >>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    >>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    >>You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    >>
    >>"israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
    >>>i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok
    >>with yahoo
    >>> messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same
    >>problem, is
    >>> there a solution?

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-webcam-problem-ftopict542673.html

    tried that and did not work
    i get a black screen then a blue and then it disconnects

Webcams Messenger MSN Windows XP