webcam problem

i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok with yahoo
messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same problem, is
there a solution?

Greetings,

At which point doesn't it work? Are you able to use it in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings option (also under Tools)?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
>i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok with yahoo
> messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same problem, is
> there a solution?

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Veo Stingray webcam and
it was working with 6.2 and then I updated to 7.0 and now it doesn’t
work. The webcam shows up in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard, but will
not work. I have tried to use the webcam with two other users who are
using 7.0 also. Let me know of any suggestions, thanks.

>"]Greetings,
>
>At which point doesn’t it work? Are you able to use it in the
>Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
>the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings
option
>(also under Tools)?
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>
>"israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
>>i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok
>with yahoo
>> messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same
>problem, is
>> there a solution?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-webcam-problem-ftopict542673.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1733749

Greetings,

Well you can use the older webcam functionality within MSN Messenger 7 by clicking the
Actions menu, choose Audio/Video, then choose More, then Start a Video Conference.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"kvilhaue" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>I am having the exact same problem. I have a Veo Stingray webcam and
> it was working with 6.2 and then I updated to 7.0 and now it doesn't
> work. The webcam shows up in the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard, but will
> not work. I have tried to use the webcam with two other users who are
> using 7.0 also. Let me know of any suggestions, thanks.
>
>>"]Greetings,
>>
>>At which point doesn't it work? Are you able to use it in the
>>Audio/Video Tuning Wizard (see
>>the Tools menu)? Are you able to use it in the Webcam Settings
> option
>>(also under Tools)?
>>Jonathan Kay
>>Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>Associate Expert
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>
>>"israel marin" <israjmr@cantv.net> wrote in message
>>>i have a veo webcam, which worked fine on msn 6.2 and works ok
>>with yahoo
>>> messenger, but does not work with msn 7.0,anyone has the same
>>problem, is
>>> there a solution?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-webcam-problem-ftopict542673.html

tried that and did not work
i get a black screen then a blue and then it disconnects