Is it possible for...

Hi, I am quite worried because I have a webcam and quite recently
wondered "I wonder if anyone can watch my webcam without me
knowing..." So I would like to know if it is possible for people to
get my webcam URL over MSN and how they would do it so I can correctly
and safely prepare myself incase anybody tries. Please help me, Jamez

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-default-ftopict541886.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1707446

I'm sure some trojan or other type of malware could be developed to achieve
this. My camera will light up when it is being used, so I would know if that
ever happened.

--
Walt

To email, use (first name)@(last name)web.net
"JameZ_XVII" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am quite worried because I have a webcam and quite recently
> wondered "I wonder if anyone can watch my webcam without me
> knowing..." So I would like to know if it is possible for people to
> get my webcam URL over MSN and how they would do it so I can correctly
> and safely prepare myself incase anybody tries. Please help me, Jamez

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-default-ftopict541886.html

Greetings JameZ,

Due to the model within Messenger for Webcams, this is would be rather difficult to
accomplish and is not very likely.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert