sound problem !

Newbies

I want to communicate by voice with a friend using messenger 7. I have
configure properly the microphone and speaker. I am able to record my voice
using an other program. I am able to listen to music on my speaker, so
everything seam ok so far. But I am unable to communicate with my friend by
voice.

What do I need to do to solve this problem.

Many thanks

Greetings,

Firstly, make sure both you and your contact have gone through the Audio (and Video) Tuning
Wizard in Messenger. To do so, open the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then
Audio Tuning Wizard, then go through the wizard to select and test your audio/video devices.

If that's not the case, and if you or your contact are using a router (with UPnP support),
you may need to remove the current port forwardings. To do so (note this is for Windows XP
exclusively), click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.
Right-click the "Internet Gateway" (should be under the Internet Gateway heading) and choose
Properties. Choose the Settings button, click each 'msmsgs' or 'msnmsgr' entry and then
choose 'Delete' to each one. Then close Messenger (right-click the Messenger icon, choose
Exit), then restart Messenger.

Also, you and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so,
click Start, then click the Control Panel. If you're in category view click Network and
Internet connections then click Network Connections. Right click your network/internet
connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, then reboot and try
again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"birdynumnum" <birdy@numnum.net> wrote in message news:6IZoe.51$Df.10@read2.cgocable.net...
> Newbies
>

> I want to communicate by voice with a friend using messenger 7. I have configure properly
> the microphone and speaker. I am able to record my voice using an other program. I am able
> to listen to music on my speaker, so everything seam ok so far. But I am unable to
> communicate with my friend by voice.
>
> What do I need to do to solve this problem.
>
> Many thanks

Jonathan, do you think that maybe all he needs is to
be led to the "Mute" option, which on my system is the
Default setting ("Mute") and I have to manually
uncheck that option every time I start a VideoConference.

I've asked a number of times, and have never been told
how to set it up so that UNmuted is the default option.
Bill Lurie

--
William B. Lurie

Birdynumnum

If you use a router make the following configuration
Nat
Port forwarding: Internal IP-adres type: tcp Port range 6891-6900
Port-mapping or Virual server of special application server:
Internal IP-adres, private port 1863, type tcp/udp. public port 1863
Internal IP-adres, private port 5190, type udp, public port 5190
Internal IP-adres, private port 6901, type tcp/udp, public port 6901
UPnP on enable
For "Help on distance" Port-mapping
Internal IP-adres, private port 3389. type tcp/udp. public port 3389

It takes me one year to figure it out.
Good luck
John Heynen
"birdynumnum" <birdy@numnum.net> schreef in bericht