Halo 2 for pc ........only for windows vista!!

would you buy Windows Vista to play Halo 2 for ?

• yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • no

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

jocksteeluk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Recently announced the conversion of halo2 to pc has been started but it seem to play this game when it is released you will need Micro$oft windows vista as it is being made specifically for it and will not run on any other version of windows fullstop. Some infomation on the on this conversion to pc is in the link below.

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=pc&database=946&page=1&

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Quote from the article you linked

Is the release of Halo 2 for Windows Vista just a way to force consumers to purchase the new operating system?
Absolutely not. Bungie Studios and Microsoft's steadfast commitment to quality determined that the Windows Vista platform would provide the best possible version of Halo 2 for the Windows PC. We will provide you with more details in the future.

Bullshit. Just as well that Halo ports to PC usually suck, at least the last one did. I'm really curious to see what they will come up with that is just "unmissable for gamers" in Windows Vista. There is a remote chance that there are some really neat features in there for game developers but what's that supposed to mean for gamers? It's a hoax and everyone is going to see through it, so it is bad hoax at that.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I got the press release yesterday, but the PR girl wouldn't slip up and give me a release date :p

Still, this is all a part of their "Games for Windows" campaign to reinvigorate gaming on the PC. That and they figure it being Vista only will help drive people to the OS.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
man the requirements for vista are insane, i think itll be a ginat resource hog and take up all the system resources thus makeing games run shitty. whatre the reqs like 2.8GhzCPU 6xxx series or above 1 Gig of mem.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
man the requirements for vista are insane, i think itll be a ginat resource hog and take up all the system resources thus makeing games run shitty. whatre the reqs like 2.8GhzCPU 6xxx series or above 1 Gig of mem.
That's for the high-end version. But it'll be scalable all the way back to Windows Classic – you don't make a mass market product that won't run on 90% of computers. That's the same reason why games like FEAR and BF2 will run on lower settings on bread and butter rigs.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Still, this is all a part of their "Games for Windows" campaign to reinvigorate gaming on the PC. That and they figure it being Vista only will help drive people to the OS.

Killing it, is more likely than reinvigorating it, using tactics like these. If they're gonna couple games exclusively to the last OS out there, then that's another PC advantage over consoles gone. Some marketing dude has made a serious mistake here.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Meh. Who cares, I won't be buying the game either way. Halo games are for console players who don't know any better.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
If this will be limited to Halo2, then you're completely right. However knowing MicroSoft's mussle, they're gonna sign up a lot more developers to this scheme, without doubt.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If this will be limited to Halo2, then you're completely right. However knowing MicroSoft's mussle, they're gonna sign up a lot more developers to this scheme, without doubt.
They have a bottom line, too. Until Vista is the OS, as XP is now, with their market they'll continue to make games compatible across the board. Same way that most games are compatible outside of Windows XP.

As for the guy reading from a script, welcome to my world of being suffocated daily by such PR types...

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Meh. Who cares, I won't be buying the game either way. Halo games are for console players who don't know any better.

Exactly. I didn't even think the first Halo was very good.

That's cos it wasn't :p

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
I played it on the PC and it was OKish. I liked the two weapon maximum part. Well balanced. Had a story.

And that's about it.

Worth picking up from a bargain bin, but definitely not worth the upgrade to Vista.

But the point is moot anyway, as I'll be eventually upgrading to Vista anyway, after SP1 comes out.