Problem with Message History window

I updated MSN messenger to version 7.0.0813 few days ago,
and now it does not show previous message history. The
window comes blank. I can see XML files in Windows Explorer
and can open them using other utilities (the history is
all there), but I cannot see that history from MSN Messenger
any more.

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Kinshuk
2 answers Last reply
More about problem message history window

    Kinshuk,

    See if this info helps:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msnxml.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Kinshuk" wrote:
    > I updated MSN messenger to version 7.0.0813 few days ago,
    > and now it does not show previous message history. The
    > window comes blank. I can see XML files in Windows Explorer
    > and can open them using other utilities (the history is
    > all there), but I cannot see that history from MSN Messenger
    > any more.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Regards.
    >
    > Kinshuk

    there seems to be a problem if you have netscape 8 installed as well

    have a look at
    http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=7&tid=1878&webtag=ws-nscpbrowser

    you’ll need to edit the registry and rename a file then everything
    should be back to normal

    i’ve had this problem and just found that page, so thought i’d share
    it :)

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Problem-Message-History-window-ftopict543132.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1742203

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP