Problem with Message History window

I updated MSN messenger to version 7.0.0813 few days ago,
and now it does not show previous message history. The
window comes blank. I can see XML files in Windows Explorer
and can open them using other utilities (the history is
all there), but I cannot see that history from MSN Messenger
any more.

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Kinshuk

Kinshuk,

See if this info helps:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msnxml.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"Kinshuk" wrote:
> I updated MSN messenger to version 7.0.0813 few days ago,
> and now it does not show previous message history. The
> window comes blank. I can see XML files in Windows Explorer
> and can open them using other utilities (the history is
> all there), but I cannot see that history from MSN Messenger
> any more.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards.
>
> Kinshuk

there seems to be a problem if you have netscape 8 installed as well

have a look at
http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=7&tid=1878&webtag=ws-nscpbrowser

you’ll need to edit the registry and rename a file then everything
should be back to normal

i’ve had this problem and just found that page, so thought i’d share
it :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Problem-Message-History-window-ftopict543132.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1742203