Resizing emoticons

I would like to ask if anyone knows how emoticons (animated ones and static
ones) are resized in MSN Messenger 7.

Thanks.

Colleen

Greetings Colleen,

There's a whole set of rules that determine how this works, but here are some off the top of
my head.

Static emoticons have a maximum of 19x19, animated emoticons can go up to 100x100.

The resizing is actually done intelligently for animated emoticons, as if you have a 120x40
image, it will keep the proper ratio when resizing it to the smaller size.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Colleen" <silverwhiskers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to ask if anyone knows how emoticons (animated ones and static ones) are
>resized in MSN Messenger 7.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Colleen

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks. =) Is there a minimum size of animated emoticons though?

Colleen