Motherboard on, but display off :(.

G

I've tried two graphics cards one AGP the other PCI, and while both work fine in their original systems, neither will produce an image for the monitor when plugged into the new motherboard. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

The current minimum set up is:

ECS K7VZA rev1.0 motherboard
64MB 3.3v unbuffered 4-clock SDRAM DIMMs (PC100)
AMD Athlon 1.1ghz

The system turns on, powers on the fan and LED, and issues a beeping sound from the MB, but doesn't fire up the card, whether it is PCI or AGP. I'm starting to wonder now whether the chip is actually a 100/200FSB like I thought it was, because if it is 133/266FSB then the PC100 memory won't be compatible.

The graphics card I have used are:

AGP: Matrox G400 32MB (oldest version only compatible with 3.3v AGP slots, not 1.5v, although apparently 4X compatible)
PCI: Some ancient Trident 1mb 2d board from an old 386

I haven't connected any other devices, other than the keyboard, and I'm at a loss to know what the problem is or how to progress further to nail down what it is that is causing the failure.

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
It could be a bad or damaged CPU. I had those symptoms with a cpu that had a chipped core (needless to say the cpu was dead and had to be replaced)

:cool: <font color=purple><b>You have just proven that signature advertising works!</b></font color=purple> :cool:

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
Reseat the memory and CPU and try again, esp the memory. check the beep code and see what it means to be sure where the problem lies....

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

G

No idea...try more...and ask more...

As for tomorrow,just let the wind of tomorrow blow arbitrarily...
kisszhulin@hotmail.com