P2b bios fixed ....another question

G

To all that helped with the bios update....THANKS

Now another question...............

Updating the bios has interrupted the ability of my computer to turn off when I shut down windows. I have to manually hit the power switch after shuting windows down. Could someone tell me where to set this feature? I have looked in the bios and on the asus support page but can't find an answer. Yes, I have searched the boards.

Thanks
schist

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
If you are using win98se go to start|run|msconfig and turn off fast shutdown in advanced tab.. there is also a shutdown bug fix on the M$ site for win98se

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

G

Disabled fast shutdown, applied patch....nothing. I forgot to mention that machine powered down on its own before the bios upgrade. I thought it might be a bios setting that I missed somewhere. Any other thoughts??

Thanks
schist

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Usually this is caused by DOS mode drivers for the soundcard (IE SB16 compatability) but can be caused by other devices as well. The first thing I would try is going into BIOS and selecting "reset configuration data". If that doesn't work, you can try turning off ACPI, since this was problematic in most BX boards. If that doesn't work, try reserving IRQ5 in BIOS and modifying the line in the Autoexec.bat soundcard string to set it for interupt 5 (I5).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

TRENDING THREADS