Runtime Error v.7.0

After upgrading to MSN Messenger v7.0 I get

"Runtime error?
Program C:\progam files\MSN messenger\msnmsgr.exe

R6025
-Pure virtual function call"

Even if I an on the net and Hotmail.

TIA

--

Cheers _ Hunibal _

Greetings,

When exactly did you upgrade? This was a problem with 7.0.0777 but has been corrected in
7.0.0813. Just download the latest from http://messenger.msn.com/download to get the newest
one.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Hunibal" <hunibal_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After upgrading to MSN Messenger v7.0 I get
>
> "Runtime error?
> Program C:\progam files\MSN messenger\msnmsgr.exe
>
> R6025
> -Pure virtual function call"
>
> Even if I an on the net and Hotmail.
>
> TIA
>
> --
>

> Cheers _ Hunibal _

Thanx for your help.

You solved my problem.

--

Cheers _ Hunibal _
> Greetings,
>
> When exactly did you upgrade? This was a problem with 7.0.0777 but has
> been corrected in 7.0.0813. Just download the latest from
> http://messenger.msn.com/download to get the newest one.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Hunibal" <hunibal_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> After upgrading to MSN Messenger v7.0 I get
>>
>> "Runtime error?
>> Program C:\progam files\MSN messenger\msnmsgr.exe
>>
>> R6025
>> -Pure virtual function call"
>>
>> Even if I an on the net and Hotmail.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>>

>> Cheers _ Hunibal _

Hi,

Great :)

> Thanx for your help.
>
> You solved my problem.
>
> --
>

> Cheers _ Hunibal _
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> When exactly did you upgrade? This was a problem with 7.0.0777 but has been corrected in
>> 7.0.0813. Just download the latest from http://messenger.msn.com/download to get the
>> newest one.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Hunibal" <hunibal_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> After upgrading to MSN Messenger v7.0 I get
>>>
>>> "Runtime error?
>>> Program C:\progam files\MSN messenger\msnmsgr.exe
>>>
>>> R6025
>>> -Pure virtual function call"
>>>
>>> Even if I an on the net and Hotmail.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Cheers _ Hunibal _

Thanks Jonathan. You answered my question without me even asking. I had
that problem too and wrote to technical support. At that time, they had no
answers. I never heard back again so kept running 6.2. I have been to the
messenger site a few times to see if there was an updated version but
didn't see a version history. Microsoft could do a little better by making
it a little clearer that they have fixed a few bugs.

Regards,

Dave

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in

> Greetings,
>
> When exactly did you upgrade? This was a problem with 7.0.0777 but
> has been corrected in 7.0.0813. Just download the latest from
> http://messenger.msn.com/download to get the newest one.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert

Hi Dave,

I hear you, sadly the web site isn't one of their current priorities.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert