airplane power adapter for Inspiron 2200?

A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
2200.

Someone here recommended that I buy the airplane adapter that Dell
sells. When I called Dell yesterday, they told me that they do not
sell an airplane adapter for the 2200.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Joel

Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.exc.com/

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel@exc.com> wrote in message

> A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
> Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
> iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
> configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
> 2200.
>
> Someone here recommended that I buy the airplane adapter that Dell
> sells. When I called Dell yesterday, they told me that they do not
> sell an airplane adapter for the 2200.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Joel

> Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.exc.com/

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=231351&c=us&l=en&cs=04&category_id=5851&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

Stew

joel@exc.com (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman) wrote in

> A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
> Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
> iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
> configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
> 2200.

What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?

I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta, Northworst,
Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to new 737s and
A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first class.

- FM -

Just get a converter. You can find them at battery specialty shops. This
way you have a way to get power from a power port, cigarette lighter, or
even an automobile battery directly.

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

>A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
>Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
>iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
>configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
>2200.
>
>Someone here recommended that I buy the airplane adapter that Dell
>sells. When I called Dell yesterday, they told me that they do not
>sell an airplane adapter for the 2200.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Joel

>Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.exc.com/

I did a quick froogle search. Here is one which should work:
http://www.lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi/!ORDERID!/aaa/DE2035W-199/dbx_gen_detail_product

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

>A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
>Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
>iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
>configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
>2200.
>
>Someone here recommended that I buy the airplane adapter that Dell
>sells. When I called Dell yesterday, they told me that they do not
>sell an airplane adapter for the 2200.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Joel

>Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.exc.com/

I did a quick froogle search. Here is one which should work:
http://www.lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi/!ORDERID!/aaa/DE2035W-199/dbx_gen_detail_product

>What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?
>
>I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta, Northworst,
>Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to new 737s and
>A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first class.

Delta BusinessElite.

-Joel

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote:

> >What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?
> >
> >I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta, Northworst,
> >Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to new 737s and
> >A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first class.
>
> Delta BusinessElite.

Didn't Delta just declare bankruptcy? I understand it was because they
were giving away too many fringe benefits, such as power outlets! <g>

Notan

Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote in news:4329AE8D.60A5ED91@ddress.com:

> "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote:
>>
>> >What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?
>> >
>> >I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta,
>> >Northworst, Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to
>> >new 737s and A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first
>> >class.
>>
>> Delta BusinessElite.
>
> Didn't Delta just declare bankruptcy? I understand it was because they
> were giving away too many fringe benefits, such as power outlets! <g>
>
> Notan

Delta and Northwest both filed either yesterday or the day before.

Personally, I suspect that Delta really means it while Northwest is just
looking for leverage in the mechanic's strike.

Delta's been taking a huge hit in the southeast the past couple of years on
account of airport closures with the various hurricanes. But Northwest,
while never really profitable, has never really been THAT hurting, either.

- FM -

"Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote in news:4329AE8D.60A5ED91@ddress.com:

> >> Delta BusinessElite.
> >
> > Didn't Delta just declare bankruptcy? I understand it was because they
> > were giving away too many fringe benefits, such as power outlets! <g>
> >
> > Notan
> >

> Delta and Northwest both filed either yesterday or the day before.
>
> Personally, I suspect that Delta really means it while Northwest is just
> looking for leverage in the mechanic's strike.
>
> Delta's been taking a huge hit in the southeast the past couple of years
on
> account of airport closures with the various hurricanes. But Northwest,
> while never really profitable, has never really been THAT hurting, either.
>
> - FM -

Their subsidiary Song filed also.

KC

In article <Xns96D25B7CAE0D6freddotmaucomcastnet@216.196.97.131>, fred-
dot-mau@comcast.net says...
> joel@exc.com (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman) wrote in
>

> > A month ago or so I tried to get an airplane power adapter for my
> > Inspirion 2200. I thought of using the iGo, but I was told that the
> > iGo, even though it has a power tip with the right physical
> > configuration and voltage output, will not work with the Inspiron
> > 2200.
>
> What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?
>
> I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta, Northworst,
> Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to new 737s and
> A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first class.

They are under the middle seat in most planes - even coach class.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Damn elitists!

Mel

Notan wrote:

> "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote:
>
>>>What airlines are you flying on that have power outlets ?
>>>
>>>I keep hearing about such things, but I fly regularly on Delta, Northworst,
>>>Continental, and Alaska, on everything from old DC-9s to new 737s and
>>>A320s, and I've yet to see an outlet even in first class.
>>
>>Delta BusinessElite.
>

> Didn't Delta just declare bankruptcy? I understand it was because they
> were giving away too many fringe benefits, such as power outlets! <g>

They weren't given away, just "lent" to their customers. ;)