whiteboard etc. wont connect

June 15, 2005 5:35:50 PM

When i try to start whiteboard with one particular person in MSN
Messenger 7.0 it tries to connect and then says that this person can’t
accept calls and an error that says: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP Transaction
timed out.

I try to get him to do it so i press accept but then the same thing
happens. When i start it with another person though it works fine so i
have no idea what is stopping it from working with the other person.
(We both use MSN Messenger 7.0).

I searched the error on the internet and it said:

Symptoms When you start a Whiteboard session in Windows Messenger, the
following error message may appear: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP Transaction
timed out. Cause This behavior can occur if you are using a
non-Universal Plug and Play network address translation (NAT) device.
Windows Messenger is designed to work with Universal Plug and Play
(UPnP) network address translation devices. Resolution: To resolve
this behavior, use a Universal Plug and Play network address
translation device.

I have no idea what this means and im not sure how to fix it. The
person who i cant connect with said that his windows messenger wont
work and that it says he needs to download a newer version but when he
tries to it wont allow him to which is strange because windows
messenger is automatically there with the XP operating system.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-whiteboard-wont-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1724773
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 6:10:13 PM

Greetings,

In order to use the Whiteboard, Windows Messenger must be installed (but he doesn't actually
have to be using it). Windows Messenger can be uninstalled and it appears that he's done so.

He'll need to install Windows Messenger from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"ali84" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> When i try to start whiteboard with one particular person in MSN
> Messenger 7.0 it tries to connect and then says that this person can't
> accept calls and an error that says: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP Transaction
> timed out.
>
> I try to get him to do it so i press accept but then the same thing
> happens. When i start it with another person though it works fine so i
> have no idea what is stopping it from working with the other person.
> (We both use MSN Messenger 7.0).
>
> I searched the error on the internet and it said:
>
> Symptoms When you start a Whiteboard session in Windows Messenger, the
> following error message may appear: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP Transaction
> timed out. Cause This behavior can occur if you are using a
> non-Universal Plug and Play network address translation (NAT) device.
> Windows Messenger is designed to work with Universal Plug and Play
> (UPnP) network address translation devices. Resolution: To resolve
> this behavior, use a Universal Plug and Play network address
> translation device.
>
> I have no idea what this means and im not sure how to fix it. The
> person who i cant connect with said that his windows messenger wont
> work and that it says he needs to download a newer version but when he
> tries to it wont allow him to which is strange because windows
> messenger is automatically there with the XP operating system.
>
> Can anyone help me please?
>
> Thanks

> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-whiteboard-wont-...
June 17, 2005 6:36:36 PM

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In order to use the Whiteboard, Windows Messenger must be
> installed (but he doesn't actually
> have to be using it). Windows Messenger can be uninstalled
> and it appears that he's done so.
>
> He'll need to install Windows Messenger from here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
>
> "ali84" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > When i try to start whiteboard with one particular person in
> MSN
> > Messenger 7.0 it tries to connect and then says that this
> person can't
> > accept calls and an error that says: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP
> Transaction
> > timed out.
> >
> > I try to get him to do it so i press accept but then the
> same thing
> > happens. When i start it with another person though it works
> fine so i
> > have no idea what is stopping it from working with the
> other person.
> > (We both use MSN Messenger 7.0).
> >
> > I searched the error on the internet and it said:
> >
> > Symptoms When you start a Whiteboard session in Windows
> Messenger, the
> > following error message may appear: Error 0x80ee000c. SIP
> Transaction
> > timed out. Cause This behavior can occur if you are using a
> > non-Universal Plug and Play network address translation
> (NAT) device.
> > Windows Messenger is designed to work with Universal Plug
> and Play
> > (UPnP) network address translation devices. Resolution: To
> resolve
> > this behavior, use a Universal Plug and Play network address
> > translation device.
> >
> > I have no idea what this means and im not sure how to fix
> it. The
> > person who i cant connect with said that his windows
> messenger wont
> > work and that it says he needs to download a newer version
> but when he
> > tries to it wont allow him to which is strange because
> windows
> > messenger is automatically there with the XP operating
> system.
> >
> > Can anyone help me please?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-whiteboard-wont-...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1724773

Hi just in reply,

I read someone elses message and got him to install windows messenger
but it still doesn’t let us connect to whiteboard etc.

Thanks
September 9, 2005 4:57:28 AM

Please see my reply to "Cant get Whiteboard on MSN working"
In addition to the info posted there, I saw the same behavior you describe
below, the "SIP..." error at some point in my floundering around with port
settings.

I found the UPnP setting in my Linksys router settings. Linksys router
settings are changed through a web page interface. I found it by
systematically examining each page. If your router has Universal Plug and
Play (UPnP) capability, then it probably has a button somewhere where you can
"enable" or "disable" it.
Enable it, of course. If it doesn't have such a setting, it's possible that
by upgrading your router's firmware, it might acqure UPnP capability. If you
need to do that, it would be best if you get someone to do it for you that
knows how. You wouldn't want to botch a firmware upgrade. It could
permanently disable your router.

Finally, if the problem is related to using an obsolete version of MSN
Mesenger, you might need to upgrade to version 7.5. I've been using it with
no problems.

Good Luck!