General Webcam Lag

I am new to using a webcam.

With that being said, I took my two computers at home, connected two
webcams, and used MSN 7.0 to have a video chat just to try it out. Amazingly
enough, everything connected fine and I could see both pictures. However, the
lag was about 2 seconds behind. I'm using a cable modem and a shared router.

Is this normal for webcams (and video conferencing in general)? Is there a
way to reduce this lag so that voice and the video are remotely close?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about general webcam

    I'm thinking it is, although I can't use a web cam as I can't see, I know
    there is a delay in audio, about 2-3seconds.
    >I am new to using a webcam.
    >
    > With that being said, I took my two computers at home, connected two
    > webcams, and used MSN 7.0 to have a video chat just to try it out.
    > Amazingly
    > enough, everything connected fine and I could see both pictures. However,
    > the
    > lag was about 2 seconds behind. I'm using a cable modem and a shared
    > router.
    >
    > Is this normal for webcams (and video conferencing in general)? Is there a
    > way to reduce this lag so that voice and the video are remotely close?
    >
    > Please help. Thanks in advance.

Webcams Lag Windows XP