Hi and good evening...!

I really need someone to help me... I downloaded some avatars and emoticons
for my messenger. I wanna share'em with a partner in the local net, but i
cant find the location in my pc... Where do the icons downloaded go? I mean
what folder? Txs for any help ...!

Greetings,

They go anywhere, you have to manually add each one (see the Tools menu, My Emoticons, and
Change my Display picture options).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"QueenAnel" <QueenAnel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi and good evening...!
>
> I really need someone to help me... I downloaded some avatars and emoticons
> for my messenger. I wanna share'em with a partner in the local net, but i
> cant find the location in my pc... Where do the icons downloaded go? I mean
> what folder? Txs for any help ...!

Dear Jonathan...
I think i didn't explain it very well... i dont want to add more emoticons
to my own messenger... i want to share the emoticons that i alrealdy have
with my partners in the local net, so.... I wanna know where the icons are so
i'll be able to look for them from my partner pc and install'em rigth there
..... =p but i cant find the location and i've already search in the C drive
but the results of the searching are nothing ='( well... txs anyway 4 ur help
=*

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> They go anywhere, you have to manually add each one (see the Tools menu, My Emoticons, and
> Change my Display picture options).
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "QueenAnel" <QueenAnel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi and good evening...!
> >
> > I really need someone to help me... I downloaded some avatars and emoticons
> > for my messenger. I wanna share'em with a partner in the local net, but i
> > cant find the location in my pc... Where do the icons downloaded go? I mean
> > what folder? Txs for any help ...!

Hi,

Well they're stored in Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN
Messenger\anumber\CustomEmoticons. Where username is your Windows username and anumber is
the 4-byte integer representation of your e-mail address (just go through them all if you
have multiples). They will show up as .DAT files, the ones that are static will be PNGs and
the animated ones will be GIFs.

As I said before though, even if you copied all these and sent them to someone else, they

"Anel Ferdi" <AnelFerdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Jonathan...
> I think i didn't explain it very well... i dont want to add more emoticons
> to my own messenger... i want to share the emoticons that i alrealdy have
> with my partners in the local net, so.... I wanna know where the icons are so
> i'll be able to look for them from my partner pc and install'em rigth there
> .... =p but i cant find the location and i've already search in the C drive
> but the results of the searching are nothing ='( well... txs anyway 4 ur help
> =*
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> They go anywhere, you have to manually add each one (see the Tools menu, My Emoticons, and
>> Change my Display picture options).
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "QueenAnel" <QueenAnel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi and good evening...!
>> >
>> > I really need someone to help me... I downloaded some avatars and emoticons
>> > for my messenger. I wanna share'em with a partner in the local net, but i
>> > cant find the location in my pc... Where do the icons downloaded go? I mean
>> > what folder? Txs for any help ...!

well, i've been there too. but in my case, the problem is "how do i know
which is which?"
i mean, i have a lot of .dat files (TFRsomething) that i can not view and i
cannot choose...