sleepysentry

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2005
http://gsreview.com/Joomla/content/view/116/27/

It sounds like Activision may want to rush out another game. If it really is released this fall, it will probably suck in my opinion. They just want to rush out a crappy game that everyone will buy.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We'll see. I liked CoD 2, but I can see it turning into a cash cow. Wait and see what we get out of it when it's released. Certainly we'll get a first look in May, but E3 first looks are rarely worth more than a few pretty screenshots and exclamation marks.

simpleguy

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I doubt CoD3 will be released so soon.Activision normally doesn't rush to release their "profit-generating" products.They take some time and with CoD i think it won't be having a 3rd part so early

Panzerzero

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
COD2 online was bad at best. If they do a COD3 it would really just be the stuff left out of CoD2. Or maybe CoD3 would like the cold war. You just sit and watch and build of nukes. Sound like fun if so send me you money I think I can mod Orgeon Trail into that kind of game.

HeathenAsparagus

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
call of duty 2 was a great dissappointment on SO many levels:
1) not much graphically superior to cod1
2) performs horribly on machines that run same generation games (doom3, half life 2) quite reasonably
3) they did not add any really new features to the game
so essentially, its cod1, underperformed and slightly better looking.

if cod 3 is released in this same mindset that the masses will buy anything with a ww2 tag, it will be the end of the franchise.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
call of duty 2 was a great dissappointment on SO many levels:
1) not much graphically superior to cod1
2) performs horribly on machines that run same generation games (doom3, half life 2) quite reasonably
3) they did not add any really new features to the game
so essentially, its cod1, underperformed and slightly better looking.

if cod 3 is released in this same mindset that the masses will buy anything with a ww2 tag, it will be the end of the franchise.

i disagree although i didnt like COD2, it was mainly the way they implented a few things like health.....sounds wierd cause ill buy COD3 in the hope that they took COD2 and fixed everything that was wrong with it.

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Hmm .... I really liked COD2. I thought it was one of the better games I've played ... right up there with F.E.A.R and the Wolfenstein series.

I'd buy COD3 in a heartbeat.