Messenger 7.0 - My Space and Blocking

Can somebody here clear this up for me? Is there any other reason for a
contact that usually has open access to their My Space to have it restricted
to me unless they have blocked me? (does that make sense?) Basically, I
always have access to a contact's My Space - last night their My Space
became restricted to me - until they 'appeared' to sign on today or
unblocked me. I believe someone blocked me and didn't want me to know that
they did. Thanks!

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies

THX 1138
3 answers Last reply
More about messenger space blocking

    Greetings,

    Blocking you on Messenger doesn't block you from their space. Passport was experiencing some
    issues last night so that might be the reason why you saw this.

    As well, Messenger itself was experiencing technical difficulties due to this problem, which
    may explain why they weren't online.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert
    "Fastfwd" <fastfwd01@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11b5r5j7gbdelf2@corp.supernews.com...
    > Can somebody here clear this up for me? Is there any other reason for a contact that
    > usually has open access to their My Space to have it restricted to me unless they have
    > blocked me? (does that make sense?) Basically, I always have access to a contact's My
    > Space - last night their My Space became restricted to me - until they 'appeared' to sign
    > on today or unblocked me. I believe someone blocked me and didn't want me to know that
    > they did. Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > A sickened mind and spirit
    > The mirror tells me lies
    > Could I mistake myself for someone
    > Who lives behind my eyes
    > Will he escape my soul
    > Or will he live in me
    > Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me
    >

    > THX 1138

    > Blocking you on Messenger doesn't block you from their space. Passport
    > was experiencing some issues last night so that might be the reason why
    > you saw this.
    >
    > As well, Messenger itself was experiencing technical difficulties due to
    > this problem, which may explain why they weren't online.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert

    Spaces help seems to contridict this. It states that spaces can be
    restricted to Messenger ALLOW list. Taken from Spaces help page:

    Permissions determine who can view your space. You can make your space
    visible to everyone on the Internet, or to only the family members and
    friends that you select.

    MSN Spaces offers three levels of permissions:

    a.. Public Allows anyone on the Internet to view your space.
    All content posted on a Public space must be appropriate for all readers.
    If your content is not appropriate for everyone, make it Private.

    b.. Messenger Allows only people on your MSN Messenger Allow list (The
    list of people that can see when you are online and can contact you. To view
    who is on your MSN Messenger allow list, click View my Allow List on the
    Permissions page.) to view your space.
    c.. Private The most exclusive permission. Allows only people you specify
    to view your space.
    If you choose Private, you must specify each person in your MSN Address
    Book that you want to view your space. If people are not already in your MSN
    Address Book, you can easily add them from the Permissions page. To add a
    person to the MSN Address Book, select Private, and then follow the
    instructions on the screen.

    --
    A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies
    Could I mistake myself for someone
    Who lives behind my eyes
    Will he escape my soul
    Or will he live in me
    Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me

    THX 1138

    Yea, I hate to tell you, but the person in question got pissed off and
    blocked me today and it resulted in me being ‘restricted’ from
    their space. They def have their permissions set to Messenger Allow
    only. If you’re blocked you are blocked from Spaces too. Maybe they
    should cover that in Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger .
    The little block game to hide doesn’t work that well 

    They’re super pissed that their little tactic didn’t work out as
    well as they thought too – hehe……

Messenger Microsoft Open Access Windows XP