Strangest Change on my VX4400

Ever since my 4400 was flashed to V10, the send/receive arrow (appears when
using GIN or WAP) has been of the one-way circular shape variety. All of a
sudden, since Friday I am getting the two arrows that are parallel to each
other and point opposite ways. As I recall, this may be indicative of the
higher access speed. Am I correct? I had done nothing nor contacted anyone
at Verizon to change this. Am I just lucky or something up?

Thanks,
George

Rich

GK wrote:
> Ever since my 4400 was flashed to V10, the send/receive arrow (appears when
> using GIN or WAP) has been of the one-way circular shape variety. All of a
> sudden, since Friday I am getting the two arrows that are parallel to each
> other and point opposite ways. As I recall, this may be indicative of the
> higher access speed. Am I correct? I had done nothing nor contacted anyone
> at Verizon to change this. Am I just lucky or something up?
>
> Thanks,
> George

You are correct - the double arrows instead of the circle means you are
now connecting to mobile web and GIN via the 1x network instead of the
slower data. Verizon must still be upgrading their servers/network or
whatnot to support this, as last time I checked I still had the circulat
arrow.

BTW, where are you at?

Rich

I had my VX4400 flashed to V10 a while back.
When I use mobile web or GIN it starts with the double arrows then changes
to the circular arrow.
When I use my laptop to connect to the Internet thru the phone I connect
using 1x and get downloads above 90K consistently.
I am in Wichita Ks.

"Rich" <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org> wrote in message
> GK wrote:
> > Ever since my 4400 was flashed to V10, the send/receive arrow (appears
when
> > using GIN or WAP) has been of the one-way circular shape variety. All
of a
> > sudden, since Friday I am getting the two arrows that are parallel to
each
> > other and point opposite ways. As I recall, this may be indicative of
the
> > higher access speed. Am I correct? I had done nothing nor contacted
anyone
> > at Verizon to change this. Am I just lucky or something up?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > George
> >

> You are correct - the double arrows instead of the circle means you are
> now connecting to mobile web and GIN via the 1x network instead of the
> slower data. Verizon must still be upgrading their servers/network or
> whatnot to support this, as last time I checked I still had the circulat
> arrow.
>
> BTW, where are you at?
>
> Rich

---
This E-Mail Is Virus Free.

The circular arrow means you are NOT using the high speed 1x. If you are
regularly seeing this circular arrow, call customer service and ask them to
enable your account to the Express Network. I needed to make this call with
customer service before it became enabled. (It's not always automatic --
however, there's no charge)

-X

"ALS" <als@net.net> wrote in message news:fQKec.2517$GT3.1690@okepread05...
> I had my VX4400 flashed to V10 a while back.
> When I use mobile web or GIN it starts with the double arrows then changes
> to the circular arrow.
> When I use my laptop to connect to the Internet thru the phone I connect
> using 1x and get downloads above 90K consistently.
> I am in Wichita Ks.
>
> "Rich" <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org> wrote in message
> > GK wrote:
> > > Ever since my 4400 was flashed to V10, the send/receive arrow (appears
> when
> > > using GIN or WAP) has been of the one-way circular shape variety. All
> of a
> > > sudden, since Friday I am getting the two arrows that are parallel to
> each
> > > other and point opposite ways. As I recall, this may be indicative of
> the
> > > higher access speed. Am I correct? I had done nothing nor contacted
> anyone
> > > at Verizon to change this. Am I just lucky or something up?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > George
> > >

> > You are correct - the double arrows instead of the circle means you are
> > now connecting to mobile web and GIN via the 1x network instead of the
> > slower data. Verizon must still be upgrading their servers/network or
> > whatnot to support this, as last time I checked I still had the circulat
> > arrow.
> >
> > BTW, where are you at?
> >
> > Rich
>

> ---
> This E-Mail Is Virus Free.

Rich

I can use my phone to connect via my laptop to the express network, but
I can't connect to MW or GIN using express network. Do I need to call
to have them enable express network for MW and GIN?

Rich