analogue_virus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Hello again, all.

I just had a quick question to ask. I just got this excellent deal on a copy of BF2 and Special forces from ebay (unopened). The only problem that I see is that this version is the Thai. I'm not worried about the money I spent on it, because considering how much the pair is retail, I saved quite a bit. I was just wondering if anybody knows about playing these online? This is probably stupid, but I just want to make sure that when I get them, I can activate an account for online play and still go up against people on US servers or whether I'm limited to LAN games.

Thanks a bunch,

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
That doesn't sound too bad, I agree.

I can't really help with your problem because I have no experience with Thai versions. I have the european version of BF2 and I can join servers worldwide so I don't see why that should be different with the Thai version.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
It should work fine. There may come a time in the future when the games companies try to prevent people doing this so they can protect their margins in US and Europe against cheap imports (the reason why there are DVD regions).

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
It should work fine. There may come a time in the future when the games companies try to prevent people doing this so they can protect their margins in US and Europe against cheap imports (the reason why there are DVD regions).

I would seriously advice against that as one of the charming things of online gaming is the fact you can play against people all over the world.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
hmm im sure you guys get ripped of with game prices here inthe uk you can get both for 19.99 each so thats

in dollars thats

39.98 British pounds = 69.733116 U.S. dollars

then again

40 U.S. dollars = 22.9331499 British pounds

bah...hmm so its cheaper for me to convert my money into dollars then buy games...

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006

I would seriously advice against that as one of the charming things of online gaming is the fact you can play against people all over the world.

True, but most people connect to a local server for better ping rates. In the future, that may be forced (i.e. if you buy a European disc you can only connect to European servers) - this would then discourage buying cheap imports; for example, I could buy a cheap disc from the Far East, but I'd then need to connect to a Singapore server for online game, which wouldn't have as good performance as a local server. It wouldn't prevent people buying cheaper imports, but it would discourage it (for online games at least). At least until gamers learnt how to crack the region code... :wink: