2 applications (with different users) inside the same PC

I have certain questions regarding msn messenger:

1. Can I activate and how, 2 applications (with different users) inside the
same PC with Win200/XP?

2. If the PC is inside an intranet and doesn't has a connection the
internet, is is still possible and how?

Regards

giron

Greetings Giron,

1. Not completely sure what you mean here. It can be started in each user account logged in
to the system. If you're looking at running it multiple times within the same user account
(referred to as polygamy), you'll need something like the A-Patch
(http://apatch.mooodi.net/).

2. Only if you're using Windows Messenger (or MSN Messenger 4.6) and a local SIP-based
Communications Server or Exchange IM Server. Otherwise Messenger requires an Internet
connection to connect to the .NET Messenger Service.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Giron" <giron@marko.com> wrote in message news:%23ArlKXZdFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have certain questions regarding msn messenger:
>
> 1. Can I activate and how, 2 applications (with different users) inside the
> same PC with Win200/XP?
>
> 2. If the PC is inside an intranet and doesn't has a connection the
> internet, is is still possible and how?
>
> Regards
>
> giron

Thanks Jonathan,
Regarding "1" I meant That I run interactively on my PC, with multiple users
(2 users, but of course multiple sessions of Messenger). Do I need such an
"A-Patch"?

Regarding "2" , can I install this "local SIP-based
Communications Server" on my PC also, and where to get it?

Thanks again