i searched for this and couldnt find anything on it.
i have recently updated and have discovered that when i copy/paste
a link into the chat window it goes thru as text........
its real annoying

anyone familiar with this?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-windows-ftopict547846.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1732422

Greetings,

This is by design and there really isn't much you can do about it (besides going back to 4.7,
which may or may not be an option depending on what features you're using in 5.1).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"md2602" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>i searched for this and couldnt find anything on it.
> i have recently updated and have discovered that when i copy/paste
> a link into the chat window it goes thru as text........
> its real annoying
>

> anyone familiar with this?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-windows-ftopict547846.html

Not entirely true.. Microsoft has create a admin policy for messenger and
one of the settings is to allow hyper links, the pitfal of this setting is
that it only works for those who have this setting enabled. See the
following link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=CB7218FC-B456-47F4-BE8C-9F16C96B3BDE&displaylang=en

Run gpedit.msc and under the User Configuration, rightmouse click on the
administrative templates and click add/remove templates, add then browse to
where the files that you extracted are and add that template.