Assassin's Creed II PC Dated, Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Wow! How Are The Nvidia Cards Equivalent To The ATI Cards Aren't The 4700's In A Different Gen Than The 8800's? Just Asking?

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]lasaldude[/nom]Wow! How Are The Nvidia Cards Equivalent To The ATI Cards Aren't The 4700's In A Different Gen Than The 8800's? Just Asking?[/citation]

click on the gpu charts at the top of the page. nice comparisons there.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Its probably because writing:
ATI HD2900, HD3870, HD4770 - HD4890, HD5670 - HD5970
nVidia 8800 GT/S(G92), 8800GTX, 9600GT(Not GSO), 9800, GTS250 - GTX295

Is too confusing and long.

xero9200

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
What is up with PC games costing $60 now? It used to be a $50 premium for new games, then somewhere along the lines they decided, "Hey, why not match our console prices even though we make the same profit on both?, If they'll pay $50, they'll pay $60" WRONG! I already hesitate to spend $50 on a game, but $60 crosses the line...I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if games were new at $30...

Nice. Its about time we are able to put our hardware to good use. The consoles really do seem to be holding back pc games for now.

One can only hope for pc exclusive titles and new consoles in the pipeline.

xero9200

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
...one more thing. All this special edition crap is annoying. Just make one standard game and be done with it! Sorry, just thought this would be a good time to vent my thoughts on this ;)

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Yea seriously, and is 59.99 USA's price? if so were paying 10 bucks more up north. These companies are just scamming us since back in the late 90's we were paying 70+ for N64 and PS1 games, I wouldn't be surprised if in 1 year it will be 69.99 for premium games, oh wait, it already is in canada for console games.

They will keep doing this as long as there are idiots buying these games at the jacked prices. For those who will flame me for calling them (or you) idiots, you'll stfu when games are 80 bucks, won't you?

andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
price of everything goes up inevitable i guess. whether it is worht that price is up to the market to decide. NO matter how much we argue we are still going to get it. PLus it doent look bad. The console version if 60 dollars. the 2 extra dlc are at 4 doll each so the total is around 68 dollars. We are getting that at around 60. So though the pc price have gone up so have the console

universalremonster

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xero9200[/nom]What is up with PC games costing $60 now? It used to be a $50 premium for new games, then somewhere along the lines they decided, "Hey, why not match our console prices even though we make the same profit on both?, If they'll pay $50, they'll pay $60" WRONG! I already hesitate to spend $50 on a game, but $60 crosses the line...I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if games were new at $30...[/citation]

It started with Activision and Modern Warfare 2. And I agree, I would only pay $50.00 for an absolute must have title....$60.00 is crossing a line that I'm not going to support.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]xero9200[/nom]What is up with PC games costing $60 now? It used to be a $50 premium for new games, then somewhere along the lines they decided, "Hey, why not match our console prices even though we make the same profit on both?, If they'll pay $50, they'll pay $60" WRONG! I already hesitate to spend $50 on a game, but $60 crosses the line...I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if games were new at $30...[/citation]

I know... It seems like they are following COD.

I have the PS3 version, $45 used from GameCrazy. I would buy the PC version at a similar price in addition to that. Yes, two copies for two platforms. NO WAY IN HELL IT IS WORTH $60. F*ck that. Not gonna happen...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Assassins Creed isn't a multiplayer game, which means it will be cracked in every way possible.
I would (and do currently) pay $50.00 for a PC game title, online or not. At a price of $60.00, they will not see me buy it. -and I DO speak with my wallet.

This is just more more cluelessness from idiot execs from UBI as far as I can see. Their loss. They automatically lost a sale from me for any PC title more than $50.00.
Easy decision for me...

UBI - If your financials observe THG, you really need to listen to this:
I am fully capable of pulling down a torrent and pirating pretty much anything I really want to use in an offline sense (knowing online play require some kind of per-user key).
I buy my software knowing I am supporting devs, although my ceiling for payment is $50.00. I am not alone.

UBI - Imagine your game(s) being the most pirated in history. At a price of $50.00 it matters to me, as this is the price I expect to pay for a PC game title. And I will pay that.
At $60.00, may the software pirates have their way with you and your financials suffer as a result. Period.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Be thankful you dont live in AUS over here we pay $90-100 for a new game, even with the dollar conversion you'd be looking at $80-90 USD.

and they wonder why people pirate games....

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
aus rules... so do public holidays :D
but you can get new games for like 50aud, where its 90 in shops...just search around, and preorder by months..

or pirate :p

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
From my past experiences with ubisoft 'additional content' it'll not be worth paying another 15 bucks for. Usually the extra contents consists of whatever trailers and gameplay demos they've released over time and nothing extraordinary you couldn't find on the internet beforehand. There won't be any behind the scenes footage, interviews or additional ingame content. Just go for the normal versions.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]Ubisoft just announced they will roll out new DRM that requires their games to have internet connection if you want to play them...plus is that the saves are done online, will have unlimited installs, and won't require disc to be in the drive....have fun, gamers!!http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-se [...] 391p1.html[/citation]

Also means that when they deem their game end of life'd you can no longer play, and that you're dependant on their servers in order to play. So it means you cannot play when servers are undergoing maintainance - broken or something between you and the server blocks access. Even though you have paid for the service you're not able to receive it. It's a good busines model, but it is really bad for consumers.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008

You can thank greedy, greedy Activision and Infinity Ward for that. To my knowledge they were the first successful developers to charge $60 for a PC game.

4ILY45

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
i'll wait for steam's holiday sale at the end of the year...
The prices for games here are killing us... Rm150-250.. whereas pirate games go as low as Rm 10..

KC8DKT

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I got the 1911 copy of Mass Effect 2 about a week ago and after 4 Hrs of play I put a pre-order in. The game rocks "IMO" and it had NO DRM BS.

If it had this kind of DRM I would have NEVER put an order in. UBI can kiss my @$$ if they do this. Can THG start a VOTE on how long the UBI servers stay up before they get hacked/crashed/erased?

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I'm kind of used to PC pricing, I expect this game to be $49.99 at most by launch. Even mass effect 2 is 15$ cheaper than the console variant for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.