Account sign in name cannot be deleted

I can’t seem to delete my sign in name. I use a work computer and a
shared on at home and do not want anyone to find my sign in name. I
used to be able to do this in the last version by simpy going to
accounts and deleting the it.

Can anyone help me?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Account-sign-deleted-ftopict548415.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1734702

Greetings,

To remove this, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User
Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of the
screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens,
you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
(Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
screenshots on this procedure, see here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2

If you're looking to remove your saved Passport and password, simply remove the
Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry in the same dialog.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> To remove this, click the Start Button, then click the Control
> Panel. Then, click User
> Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and
> then on the left side of the
> screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
> Passwords'. In the window that opens,
> you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to
> delete [denoted by
> (Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more
> detailed instructions and
> screenshots on this procedure, see here:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
>
> If you're looking to remove your saved Passport and password,
> simply remove the
> Passport.Net* (Passport) entry in the same dialog.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
>

> "mrjones_syd" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> >I can't seem to delete my sign in name. I use a work
> computer and a
> > shared on at home and do not want anyone to find my sign in
> name. I
> > used to be able to do this in the last version by simpy
> going to
> > accounts and deleting the it.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Account-sign-deleted-ftopict548415.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1734702

Thanks Jonathan.

Apologies for the bad spelling in my original post. Must have been
late. I have Windows 2000 and the instructions that you kindly gave
me do not seem to work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Michael

rd

Hi Sirs...

Is it possible in regedit to configure it? I have an shared computer and I
do not like to store all user sign ins.