Offical Forum and expansion reinstallation question

walter

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Is there an official forum for Dark Age of Camelot somewhere?

Also, I used to play DAoC for almost 2 years and bought, installed, and
registered the first 2 expansions.

I've since thrown out the original boxes.

I wanted to get back into the game now that Catacombs is out, so I
downloaded the 14 day trial thing while waiting for Catacombs to be in
stores. The download installed DAoC and Shrouded Isles, but not Trials of
Atlantis. My (only) character was last on a ToA zone, so I'm unable to play
him.

I would like to just get Catacombs and play my original character... how can
I do this? When I login, a message box comes up saying my account is
registered through to ToA and that I should reinstall it. But since I don't
have the CD anymore, can I download it somewhere?

Is there any way I can get Catacombs and play again without having to rebuy
ToA?

Walter wrote:
> Is there an official forum for Dark Age of Camelot somewhere?
>
> Also, I used to play DAoC for almost 2 years and bought, installed, and
> registered the first 2 expansions.
>
> I've since thrown out the original boxes.
>
> I wanted to get back into the game now that Catacombs is out, so I
> downloaded the 14 day trial thing while waiting for Catacombs to be in
> stores. The download installed DAoC and Shrouded Isles, but not Trials of
> Atlantis. My (only) character was last on a ToA zone, so I'm unable to play
> him.
>
> I would like to just get Catacombs and play my original character... how can
> I do this? When I login, a message box comes up saying my account is
> registered through to ToA and that I should reinstall it. But since I don't
> have the CD anymore, can I download it somewhere?
>
> Is there any way I can get Catacombs and play again without having to rebuy
> ToA?

From Mythic's own website: You must have Trials of Atlantis installed
and enabled to upgrade to catacombs

That sux - I know

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I'm not sure if I read your posting right, It's early here an I'm not the
fittest one around here ;), but I think all you need is the TOA-Client...
right?

http://r.goa.com/r?ref=daoc_download_LauncherDAoC_TOA&url=http://daoc.goa.com/downloads/LauncherDAoC_TOA_de.exe

This is a european Version of the client, but if somebody from the
US-Servers could send you the "update.dat" out of his toa directory the
client will be patched to the us-version, if I remember right.

Greetz

Bjoern

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Walter wrote:

> Is there an official forum for Dark Age of Camelot somewhere?
>
> Also, I used to play DAoC for almost 2 years and bought, installed, and
> registered the first 2 expansions.
>
> I've since thrown out the original boxes.
>
> I wanted to get back into the game now that Catacombs is out, so I
> downloaded the 14 day trial thing while waiting for Catacombs to be in
> stores. The download installed DAoC and Shrouded Isles, but not Trials of
> Atlantis. My (only) character was last on a ToA zone, so I'm unable to play
> him.
>
> I would like to just get Catacombs and play my original character... how can
> I do this? When I login, a message box comes up saying my account is
> registered through to ToA and that I should reinstall it. But since I don't
> have the CD anymore, can I download it somewhere?
>
> Is there any way I can get Catacombs and play again without having to rebuy
> ToA?

You may want to just go buy it, now that it's only $9.99. Catacombs uses
the ToA User Interface, so that alone will require a good copy of the
whole ToA subdirectory.

Marco

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

maybe you can look on the european site.
There i found also the TOA client for free.
BYE

"Walter" <waltersibbons@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there an official forum for Dark Age of Camelot somewhere?

Mythic runs a small, invitation-only board for the testing community-
mostly Pendragon regulars and current and former class team leads.
There's no open-access official forum... their community staff does
monitor several fansite forums, including especially the Vault boards
(http://vnboards.ign.com).