how to add a floppy drive to 4700

Does anyone know how to get a floppy drive to add into a new dimension 4700?
i mistakenly bought one without, thinking i could just stick one in that
i had,
but it looks like there should be a mount that the floppy would sit in
that would attach under the drive bays, also the front bezel would need
to change.
i didnt see the floppy drive as an option to upgrade after the fact.
any ideas??
i want something internal in the floppy slot, not an external or usb floppy.
thanks j

"Jay B" <jayb@audiman.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get a floppy drive to add into a new dimension
> 4700?
> i mistakenly bought one without, thinking i could just stick one in that i
> had,
> but it looks like there should be a mount that the floppy would sit in
> that would attach under the drive bays, also the front bezel would need to
> change.
> i didnt see the floppy drive as an option to upgrade after the fact.
> any ideas??
> i want something internal in the floppy slot, not an external or usb
> floppy.
> thanks j

Kit number is M1210, I think.

Includes the floppy mount cage, the drive, and data cable.....

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

> "Jay B" <jayb@audiman.net> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to get a floppy drive to add into a new dimension
> > 4700?
> > i mistakenly bought one without, thinking i could just stick one in that
> > had,
> > but it looks like there should be a mount that the floppy would sit in
> > that would attach under the drive bays, also the front bezel would need
> > change.
> > i didnt see the floppy drive as an option to upgrade after the fact.
> > any ideas??
> > i want something internal in the floppy slot, not an external or usb
> > floppy.
> > thanks j
>

> Kit number is M1210, I think.
>
> Includes the floppy mount cage, the drive, and data cable.....
>

> Stew

USB Floppy?

KC

Call Dell parts. Not very expensive.

I don't use them any more, so I don't order them.

"Kevin Childers" <kchilder@mail.win.org> wrote in message
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jay B" <jayb@audiman.net> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know how to get a floppy drive to add into a new dimension
>> > 4700?
>> > i mistakenly bought one without, thinking i could just stick one in
>> > that
>> > had,
>> > but it looks like there should be a mount that the floppy would sit in
>> > that would attach under the drive bays, also the front bezel would need
>> > change.
>> > i didnt see the floppy drive as an option to upgrade after the fact.
>> > any ideas??
>> > i want something internal in the floppy slot, not an external or usb
>> > floppy.
>> > thanks j
>>

>> Kit number is M1210, I think.
>>
>> Includes the floppy mount cage, the drive, and data cable.....
>>

>> Stew
>>
> USB Floppy?
>
> KC

Kev -

Nah. He wants an internal kit - or that's what he posted.

Stew

Thanks Stew
very helpful info.
i did find a few web sites that sell this kit.
still tryingto get an answer from dell, which cant seem to find it.
before i buy it, just wanted to know if i need to get a bezel for it as
well or will this come in the kit, or will the drive perfectly fit in
the cutout after i remove the cover.
thanks again.
Jay

> Thanks Stew
> very helpful info.
> i did find a few web sites that sell this kit.
> still tryingto get an answer from dell, which cant seem to find it.
> before i buy it, just wanted to know if i need to get a bezel for it as
> well or will this come in the kit, or will the drive perfectly fit in the
> cutout after i remove the cover.
> thanks again.
> Jay

Jay,

You'll want to take the side cover and the front bezel off when you install
the kit. Once the bezel is off, you can see the 'pop out' blank that covers
the FDD diskette access. That should (and will) do it.

Stew

Thanks Stew, appreciate the info.

S.Lewis wrote:

> "Jay B" <jayb@audiman.net> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks Stew
>>very helpful info.
>>i did find a few web sites that sell this kit.
>>still tryingto get an answer from dell, which cant seem to find it.
>>before i buy it, just wanted to know if i need to get a bezel for it as
>>well or will this come in the kit, or will the drive perfectly fit in the
>>cutout after i remove the cover.
>>thanks again.
>>Jay
>>

> Jay,
>
> You'll want to take the side cover and the front bezel off when you install
> the kit. Once the bezel is off, you can see the 'pop out' blank that covers
> the FDD diskette access. That should (and will) do it.
>

> Stew

TRENDING THREADS