HELP!! Can't clear CMOS!!

huges911

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I know many people have posted this kind of questions, but I really can't clear CMOS. I got no choice to post again.

My mobo is a brand new Soltek SL-75DRV4 (VIA 266A with ATA 133 support). I just used it for a week or so. One day I unplugged all the stuff to clean my case a little bit. After I put all the components back in, it didn't have the pulse. Checked all the cables and power supply are good with my old Asus P2B-F mobo with Celeron 450.

OK of coz I set the jumper trying to clear the CMOS. When I turn on the power, no pulse, CDrom no response, harddisks not spinning. Then I unplug the power, pull out the battery on board and wait for like more than 15mins, still doesn't work! What should I try next?/

I've been asking ppl, one of the guys working in a computer store said it fails to boot up because once the power is shut down incorrectly, next time the bios can't boot up correctly. So that's why we need to clear the CMOS..but now..I can't even clear that...damn..really need ppl's help...thank you

alph

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
i dont know if i understood you right.

If you want to clear cmos you did all the right stuff.

The problem might be ´that cmos clear jumper. You must set that jumper back after cmos cleared.
What i mean is that if you turn your computer with cmos jumper in "clear cmos" mode you can possibly damage your motherboard.

<font color=purple> english first language nono</font color=purple>

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
I'm not sure if you are on the right track....

You say you unplugged all the stuff to 'clean my case a little bit'.... and then after you 'put all the components back in' it didn't have a pulse.

Sounds to me like something either didn't get put back in right, or was damaged during the processing? Makes me wonder what exactly you removed, what you cleaned, how you cleaned it, and what may have happened while you were putting it back in.

Check the switch on the back of your power supply to make sure the power is On.... worth a shot.

<font color=green><b>More salt than just a grain you will need with posts of mine. - Yoda©®</b></font color=green>

huges911

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I just used a dry paper tower to clean the dust within the case..anything else damaged the components.

Anyways I contact the online computer store that I bought the board with. They're gonna replace it for me.

When I got my new board, I'll be very very caution to it....
thank you for ur helps...