Remote Assistance: never get the "Take Control"

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have tried this on my home LAN from four different XP PCs. I can request
assistance, and accept the request but a window is supposed to pop-up with a
Take Control button (or so the help file says). I never get the window on
any of the PCs. I cannot figure-out how to go to the next step.

Anyone able to help? Thanks.

- Jeremy

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OK, with UPnP enabled on my router, I can make the connection. However, it
quits almost immediately with "You have been disconnected from Jeremy's
computer." But it gives no reason.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeremy
-----

I wrote:

> I have tried this on my home LAN from four different XP PCs. I can request
> assistance, and accept the request but a window is supposed to pop-up with a
> Take Control button (or so the help file says). I never get the window on
> any of the PCs. I cannot figure-out how to go to the next step.
>
> Anyone able to help? Thanks.
>
> - Jeremy

Greetings Jeremy,

If you've been trying it over and over without rebooting, you'll get this behavior. Reboot
both PCs and then try again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert