Sign in with
Your question

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Release Date??

Last response: in Video Games
February 26, 2006 1:13:11 PM

Alright now anyone whos familiar with this game will most definately know about its long repetitive delays and misinformed release dates. I personally think this looks like an excellent game and will be mindblowing when it is released, so basically just have a general discussion on STALKER, when you think its release date might be, requirements etc. Now the release date is said to be sometime around October or even early 2007! Plz prove me wrong! Thanks.
February 26, 2006 10:31:07 PM

yeah same ive been waiting for this game ever since THG did a review of it in 2002(3)? requirments, amazon is saying 1Ghz pent3 512Mb ram and a Gf3 card, while their original suggestions were 450Mhz? 256Mb ram, and Gf2 or lower i think. im definintally going to try this out with my old p2 400 just for kicks :D  itd be hard to imagine it running on their with the life system and real time physics going on but who knows. but im going insane waiting for this cant wait to pla y everything max with my system. what system are you gonna be running it on?
February 26, 2006 11:07:29 PM

ive been looking around and i guess they support vid cards like voodoo2's and TNT, im so gonna try this on my old voodoo 5 5500 :twisted:
Related resources
February 27, 2006 3:31:43 AM

This game would be awesome. It would like the combination of Half Life and FEAR. They started working on this game a long time ago like 1 year and a half. I have read some reviews on this fps game and the estimation release date is like first quarter of the year 2007. Yeah, will be waiting on this one for while but that would just get enough time for the makers to polish this game. Im just worried that my 7800GTX won't be able to run this game with over 60 fps at a 1280x1024 resolution and great quality. :( 
But I would still get this one as it is already on my list.
February 27, 2006 5:25:57 AM

This game has been in development for at least more than 4 years, most likely over 5. It will be an awesome game with graphics that would have been awesome a year ago. I hope it will still get a chance.

I imagine that it will be a bit like Boiling Point: Roadway to hell but then with a more interesting theme (for me at least) and with a much better shooter experience than that was in that game. Btw, Boiling Point failed miserably because of a multitude of severe bugs that ruined an otherwise great gameplay.

So, although I'm disappointed at the delays time and time again, there is something to be said for getting a solid game out instead of something that is clearly unfinished. Because of the degrees of freedom in games like this, testing and bugfixing them is hell on earth. I am glad grateful that there are people out there that do this for a living, are proud of what they're making, and stick by their vision of what their game and the gaming experience of it should be like.
February 27, 2006 7:22:37 AM

yes been in development since bout 2002, the 7800GT should kill it considering a p2-450, Gf2, 128Mb ram is minimum and a p3-1Ghz, 256Mb,Gf3 is recomended. we have come a very long way since those cards came out,im sure even my 9800PRO could run it 1600x1200 max detail(maybe being overzealous). yes i am starting to see the aging character models and some washed out textures but other than that it will be an experience like none other seems like it will be a mix of COD2/CounterStrike:Source (weapon/gameplay wise) F.E.A.R/Far-Cry(atmosphere wise).
February 27, 2006 7:28:56 AM

Haven't seen a single video of Stalker that impressed me in anyway.
February 27, 2006 9:14:21 AM

The main reason im building a new system is actually to play this game in all its glory, oh and the system ill be running it on will be:

Athlon 64 3700+, a8n-sli premium mobo, 2gigs RAM, Xfx 7800 gtx, WD Raptor 150GB
February 27, 2006 10:34:05 AM

i highly doubt youll even need that to run max settings but thats also a good system for alot of other games, im gonna upgrade to the 7800GT sometine in the future. what dont you like about the videos? you better buy the game or i will drive a steak throught your heart!
February 27, 2006 11:09:24 AM

Quote:
The main reason im building a new system is actually to play this game in all its glory, oh and the system ill be running it on will be:

Athlon 64 3700+, a8n-sli premium mobo, 2gigs RAM, Xfx 7800 gtx, WD Raptor 150GB

I'm afraid you've started building too early. It's going to be another year before this game is released and then you'll need different specs if you want to be playing it top of the bill.
February 27, 2006 2:21:00 PM

No it wasnt, just look on the official site; www.stalker-game.com and you'll see official information from the game developers.
!