Asus A7V 266-EX Boot up problem

G

Would like to know if anybody encountered the same problem with me.

The board just can't boot up, no display on monitor, but the board led lights is on. The retail shop tested a few of the same board but all with the same problem, they've changed a few of parts like power supply, ram and display card, even the CPU and Fan.
But strange thing is the next day it just booted perfectly!
So I brought it back and try to install the Win 98 software, this time it can't recognise my harddisk during the installation.
Then after a few time of reset and power up, the board can't boot again!!!

Can somebody help??

Suon Oon

Parts description,

Asus A7V 266-EX Mainboard
SkyHawk AMD approved 300w power supply
AMD Athlon 1800 XP
CoolerMaster CPU Fan
Kingston 512 DDR Ram
Inno 3D Geforce 4 MX 440
Seagate ATA II 60g
Pioneer 16x DVD (Slot-in)
Yamaha CDRW 20x10x40
Sony Floppy Drive
Iomega Zip 250
Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Sounds like a heat problem. Some MBs won't boot up if they get too hot. Make sure you have a case fan, and that your CPU heat sink is attached correctly and is rated to be able to cool your CPU.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...

G

It's not the heat for this case, thanks anyway! :)
I've sent to the local Asus service centre and they changed a new board for me, they tested this new board with their own components and it boot up normally but fail with my Kingston Value Ram.
I then replaced the ram from the shop I bought and tested the ram on spot. There was originally no boot up with the new Ram but the shop assitant take the battery out and put it back then it boots up beautifully!!

Anybody having the same problem please make sure the Ram is working fine, and don't forget to take out the battery and put it back again. Just strange but it works for my board.

Now I'm a happy man!