Seti@home not working, or other online programs

ChromoSDR

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
I've been having problems with this for a while. Some internet programs act like there is no connection to the Internet at all. IE 6 works, Outlook works, ICQ worked after changing the server, Download Accelerator works, WS-FTP works, GMud32 works and more work.

Unreal Tournament won't work online, or Half-Life, or Seti@home, MSN Messenger or Continuum. I use MSN as my ISP, and it won't let me sign in, but it connects fine (duh). I made such a big list because I'm hoping that will narrow down the problem. All of the programs that don't work say they can't connect to their server. Any help would be appreciated!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
what do you mean msn wont let you sign in? you should probly check with their tech support and get that problem fixed first, i assume they are related.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

ChromoSDR

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
I fixed the problem myself, thanks for the reply and everyone who read the post :) I reinstalled XP, but what did it is finding the *ahem* correct format of signing on to MSN w/o using MSN Explorer. you have to type "MSN/username" for your username.