Sign in with
Your question
Closed

WAHOO! I'm getting Wndows 7 Ultimate Special Edition for free!

Last response: in Windows 7
September 22, 2009 9:16:18 AM

Did any of you guys sign up to do the Host a Party program for Microsoft? I did, and I was chosen to help out Microsoft and now they're are sending me a Copy of the OS with multiple serial numbers. I've been running windows 7 since they first released it and I will continue getting to use it for free. Did anyone else go this route? I build for people every so often and now I can really save them some cash. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Party at my house!
September 22, 2009 9:28:54 AM

whoops, slight misprint. Only one serial. They give you other gifts for the guests like bags and playing cards and things. I mistook "party" pack for family pack. Oh well, I'm still excited.
September 22, 2009 9:50:52 AM

Just tell them i tested their beta to the maximum therefore i demand a retail copy as well :D 
Related resources
September 22, 2009 9:54:49 AM

Congrats..
September 22, 2009 10:40:39 AM

Quote:
You dont get out much do you?

jealous? actually, I just never get stuff for free. Now I can put an extra $300 towards my machine.
September 22, 2009 11:45:48 AM

I would like to win SSD more then W7. Anybody know any competitions going on for SSD's?
September 22, 2009 4:00:25 PM

yoh dude you lucky! I have one question for ...well anyone???? is the final version any diffrent from the RC because i wanna get the final version but not sure if its worth doing since its not exactly cheap here in south africa.

i think windows 7 is microsofts way of saying sorry about vista:) 

appologies accepted :) 
a b $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 5:32:53 PM

RC has some bugs, plus it expires and stops working on June 1, 2010. So you're pretty much forced to buy Win7 final. Not that it's a bad thing, just the cost can be prohibitive as you mentioned. Win7 is actually very good and MS's best OS yet, IMO.
a b $ Windows 7
September 22, 2009 5:39:45 PM

Bolbi said:
and stops working on June 1, 2010.
On March 1st it starts shutting down every two hours.
September 22, 2009 5:51:44 PM

I signed up. I'm Hosting a party also...

I cant say I never get in on any of this kind of stuff, anymore.

We have to wait and see who gets the Free Laptops!

Put me down for one.
September 22, 2009 5:57:54 PM

michaelm909 said:
yoh dude you lucky! I have one question for ...well anyone???? is the final version any diffrent from the RC because i wanna get the final version but not sure if its worth doing since its not exactly cheap here in south africa.

You can get a 90day trial of the actual Windows 7 Enterprise release.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495....
September 23, 2009 1:40:36 AM

michaelm909 said:

I actually never had a problem with vista. Once you turned off user account control, things just worked better. I do agree however that 7 is a nicer.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 2:53:58 AM

WR2 said:

Shades of Windows '95.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 3:04:11 AM

08nwsula said:
Did any of you guys sign up to do the Host a Party program for Microsoft? I did, and I was chosen to help out Microsoft and now they're are sending me a Copy of the OS with multiple serial numbers. I've been running windows 7 since they first released it and I will continue getting to use it for free. Did anyone else go this route? I build for people every so often and now I can really save them some cash. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Party at my house!

Back in the '60's when I was a grade schooler, I was chosen to do a promotional spot for Lever Bros., Inc. They picked me up and drove me to and from the function in a Limo, gave me some new sporting goods equiptment (Rawlings Pro line stuff, glove etc.) and a giant bag of Lever bros. products plus a great dinner and the day off in fourth grade. The package was worth hundreds of dollars back in the 60's. And I was on TV! Later in life when I was in college, I met Sally Jesse Raphael and her and I hit it off. I was on her show and would have tapped it if her husband was out of the picture. Imagine me alone with Sally Jesse eating out of my hand. :sol: 

So M$ is giving a free OS? I would ask for a night with Bill's wife's high heels tucked under my bed. :lol: 
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 3:51:16 AM

Cool. I did one better then you though. I got a free technet plus subscription for one year. You get one key. I get lots of keys and eack activates 10 PCs. And I got XP Vista, 7 officexp office 03 office 07, server ect......

Lol.
September 23, 2009 4:00:33 AM

I wish I was back in the 60's again. Started High School 1964. Defered from military service in '68 for College. Played semi-pro hockey for the California Seals.
Here I am now filling out forms for free stuff as long as it dont cost anything!
Biggest thing back in the 50's I was in a Walt Disney movie about a day at Disneyland. I think I was @ 8 years old. Didnt get paid but it was an experience.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:07:44 AM

Yeah, I should have played Minor league baseball. My HS catcher played AA for Cincinati reds back in the early 70's. Johnny Bench kept him from making the Majors. That and the fact he could never hit my slider. My HS Shortstop is a scout for the White Socks. He signed all those pitchers a few years ago that got them so far (sorry I don't keep up with baseball anymore and don't know specific names). One big dissappointment for me in life was when I met Donald Trump. He had two beautiful models, one on each arm when I met him and exchanged words. I couldn't believe those chicks didn't give me the time of day. LOL.

Yeah, I miss the 60's. I think back to the times often lately.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:11:53 AM

I started 4th grade in 1964, HS in the fall of '69. Lots of memories there.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:14:42 AM

knotknut said:
I signed up. I'm Hosting a party also...

I cant say I never get in on any of this kind of stuff, anymore.

We have to wait and see who gets the Free Laptops!

Put me down for one.

So, if you are asked to invite people to an online dealywhopper, PM me and I'll join in and on my very best behavior. :) 
September 23, 2009 4:18:39 AM

I cant remember names. I can tell you mine because its on my drivers license. I think thats me in the picture...What happend? Is that hair or is the picture fuzzy?
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:22:08 AM

knotknut said:
I cant remember names. I can tell you mine because its on my drivers license. I think thats me in the picture...What happend? Is that hair or is the picture fuzzy?

You and me both. If you're name is not Don, Bob, Jim, Tom, Linda, Pam, or Ed...I will forget you're name within ten seconds of telling iot to me. It's become embarrassing. Yeah, the last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "It's right back there on the bumper."
September 23, 2009 4:22:23 AM

badge said:
So, if you are asked to invite people to an online dealywhopper, PM me and I'll join in and on my very best behavior. :) 

I will try to remember. I dont have any idea of what they want or expect. I'll play along. Free has a nice ring to it.
September 23, 2009 4:24:51 AM

I think they ought to pass a law that everyone has to have their name on the front of their shirt. Or back. Heck they do it for sports.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:27:56 AM

knotknut said:
I will try to remember. I dont have any idea of what they want or expect. I'll play along. Free has a nice ring to it.

I applied to the Windows 7 party deal too. I haven't heard anything, so I am an also ran. You know, recently I came across a couple of names that I will never forget. Bought my daughter a 2006 Honda Civic a couple of weeks ago from a guy by the name of Yu Dick. Then, a while back a Vietnamese girl came into the office and filled out her personal information for service beginning with Name. Bich Phuck.
September 23, 2009 4:28:28 AM

badge said:
Yeah, the last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "It's right back there on the bumper."

The last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "She divorced me, is it still good?"
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:28:38 AM

knotknut said:
I think they ought to pass a law that everyone has to have their name on the front of their shirt. Or back. Heck they do it for sports.

:lol:  For sure.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:31:50 AM

knotknut said:
The last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "She divorced me, is it still good?"

When I was in high school my girlfriend was the Mayor's daughter where we lived. ha, the cops would pull me over and in a nice way I waould say, "my girlfriend's father signs your checks rookie." :lol:  I don't know, when I got my licene there was no such of thing as DWI. I used to practice my drunk driving every night. If the cops stiopped you, they made you pour it out on the curb and let you go your way.
September 23, 2009 4:31:59 AM

The Premier of Japan "Takashita". Thats no joke, try Google. Maybe he's ex-premier,
hold on I'm gona take one look...ha

yep. He resigned for taking free stuff.
September 23, 2009 4:37:10 AM

The cop said can you walk the line? Nope but I'll snort one with ya if you got one.
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2009 4:38:09 AM

In Jr. High a girl sat next to me in English. her name was Simone Lipschitz. Then one of my good buddies in HS hs mother married a guy name Dick Prickett. I have more, but I can't remember.
September 23, 2009 9:31:44 AM

ainarssems said:
I would like to win SSD more then W7. Anybody know any competitions going on for SSD's?

That's how I got my Vertex :) 
September 23, 2009 10:58:50 AM

badge said:
In Jr. High a girl sat next to me in English. her name was Simone Lipschitz. Then one of my good buddies in HS hs mother married a guy name Dick Prickett. I have more, but I can't remember.

Heh.

September 23, 2009 11:57:55 AM

badge said:
You and me both. If you're name is not Don, Bob, Jim, Tom, Linda, Pam, or Ed...I will forget you're name within ten seconds of telling iot to me. It's become embarrassing. Yeah, the last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "It's right back there on the bumper."

Is your name Tom? 10 second Tom that is. Lol! That was the funniest part of 50 first dates, IMO...
September 23, 2009 4:23:24 PM

I just found i won a house party also, and was using W7 RC. :o 

I have to pick a theme with a corresponding 'party pack'. Which one did you pick? I cant find a description of the free stuff i get for selecting whichever one I select.
September 23, 2009 4:56:26 PM

michaelm909 said:

Dude, its not going to be that bad here in sunny SA, we're looking at about R1100 minimum for 7 Home Premium and R2000 for 7 Professional. And yes, the final version and even the RTM is different from the RC version, they're much faster and doubly stable. And yes, they are worth it ;-)

knotknut said:
You can get a 90day trial of the actual Windows 7 Enterprise release.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495....

If you were in South Africa, stuck with the appalling download speeds and high prices for data, you wouldn't think of suggesting a download of a trial version. The image is what, 3 gigs approximately? It would take me a solid week on my pathetic dial-up to download that much. Plus I'd have to sell my penis on e-bay, seeing as my other organs are leeched off to the water and lights, petrol, college debt, and birthday present for family and friends (September is the worst month of the year for anyone to try save money).
September 24, 2009 9:52:19 AM

OneHumongousLoser said:
I just found i won a house party also, and was using W7 RC. :o 

I have to pick a theme with a corresponding 'party pack'. Which one did you pick? I cant find a description of the free stuff i get for selecting whichever one I select.

I opted for the setup theme as I'm often building machines. It's probably not the most exciting, but it's something not many people know how to do.
a b $ Windows 7
September 24, 2009 3:30:58 PM

LOL! I got MSDN and I have 5 keys (re fresh the page before DLing, chance of getting up to 5-7 keys)the RTM. :D 
September 25, 2009 3:34:32 AM

I'm hosting as well (australia)

Our theme is Halloween, as we were holding the Halloween party anyway. We might squeeze a game of cards in later on in the evening on the Win7 deck. Other than that there wont be too many computers present.

Cheers
Jordan
September 25, 2009 6:26:04 AM

Hmm, this sounds like something I wanna do...
September 25, 2009 7:19:24 AM

Congrats. Although I would wounder what the "Special" part is. Hope its not like Vista Ultimate and the "extras" that never got released.

Anywho, I am enjoying Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. Gotta love my friends and their MSDN subscriptions.
September 26, 2009 3:33:20 AM

WR2 said:

Bah, like any other windows os it'll probably be crashing every two hours for registered users anyway...
:o 
September 26, 2009 4:30:47 AM

I'll be hosting one in Houston. The theme I chose was "Family Fun". Good luck to everyone.
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2009 10:51:07 AM

rkaye said:
Bah, like any other windows os it'll probably be crashing every two hours for registered users anyway...

Do I really need to post a screenshot of my uptime monitor on my current Vista computer?
September 26, 2009 2:04:35 PM

08nwsula said:
jealous? actually, I just never get stuff for free. Now I can put an extra $300 towards my machine.

I won a frozen turkey once at a raffle at work :D .

Unfortunately it fell off the back of my motorcycle while driving home that day. Damn bungee cords slipped...
September 26, 2009 2:07:03 PM

knotknut said:
I wish I was back in the 60's again. Started High School 1964. Defered from military service in '68 for College. Played semi-pro hockey for the California Seals.
Here I am now filling out forms for free stuff as long as it dont cost anything!
Biggest thing back in the 50's I was in a Walt Disney movie about a day at Disneyland. I think I was @ 8 years old. Didnt get paid but it was an experience.

Too bad you didn't get to smootch Annette Funicello :D . She was a pretty hot Mouseketeer in the '50s I gather..
September 26, 2009 2:13:10 PM

badge said:
I applied to the Windows 7 party deal too. I haven't heard anything, so I am an also ran. You know, recently I came across a couple of names that I will never forget. Bought my daughter a 2006 Honda Civic a couple of weeks ago from a guy by the name of Yu Dick. Then, a while back a Vietnamese girl came into the office and filled out her personal information for service beginning with Name. Bich Phuck.

Probably Phuk :) . I have some Vietnamese friends in the office, one named Hung Cao (ain't that a misnomer :D ) and another named Phat Cao (another misnomer since he's 98 lbs soaking wet, although only about 5'3" tall). My wife is Vietnamese and she didn't get the jokes about their names until after living here for a few years.
September 27, 2009 6:59:03 AM

Okay i got Windows 7 Ultimate, no trail run no nothing. Its registered its working, and oh ya i did not pay to register it at all.
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2009 7:05:25 AM

xtechcor said:
Okay i got Windows 7 Ultimate, no trail run no nothing. Its registered its working, and oh ya i did not pay to register it at all.

I've had Windows 7 64 RC running since the day it was released. Not sure what 'registered' means. M$ does not charge at the point of 'activating' their OSs, BETA, RC or retail/OEM release.
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2009 2:55:43 PM

rkaye said:

cjl said:
Do I really need to post a screenshot of my uptime monitor on my current Vista computer?

Here you go:

91 days of PWNAGE. And hell, it's XP x64 for crying out loud!
!