WAHOO! I'm getting Wndows 7 Ultimate Special Edition for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Did any of you guys sign up to do the Host a Party program for Microsoft? I did, and I was chosen to help out Microsoft and now they're are sending me a Copy of the OS with multiple serial numbers. I've been running windows 7 since they first released it and I will continue getting to use it for free. Did anyone else go this route? I build for people every so often and now I can really save them some cash. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Party at my house!

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
whoops, slight misprint. Only one serial. They give you other gifts for the guests like bags and playing cards and things. I mistook "party" pack for family pack. Oh well, I'm still excited.

michaelm909

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
yoh dude you lucky! I have one question for ...well anyone???? is the final version any diffrent from the RC because i wanna get the final version but not sure if its worth doing since its not exactly cheap here in south africa.

i think windows 7 is microsofts way of saying sorry about vista:)

appologies accepted :)

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
RC has some bugs, plus it expires and stops working on June 1, 2010. So you're pretty much forced to buy Win7 final. Not that it's a bad thing, just the cost can be prohibitive as you mentioned. Win7 is actually very good and MS's best OS yet, IMO.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I signed up. I'm Hosting a party also...

I cant say I never get in on any of this kind of stuff, anymore.

We have to wait and see who gets the Free Laptops!

Put me down for one.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007

You can get a 90day trial of the actual Windows 7 Enterprise release.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

I actually never had a problem with vista. Once you turned off user account control, things just worked better. I do agree however that 7 is a nicer.

Back in the '60's when I was a grade schooler, I was chosen to do a promotional spot for Lever Bros., Inc. They picked me up and drove me to and from the function in a Limo, gave me some new sporting goods equiptment (Rawlings Pro line stuff, glove etc.) and a giant bag of Lever bros. products plus a great dinner and the day off in fourth grade. The package was worth hundreds of dollars back in the 60's. And I was on TV! Later in life when I was in college, I met Sally Jesse Raphael and her and I hit it off. I was on her show and would have tapped it if her husband was out of the picture. Imagine me alone with Sally Jesse eating out of my hand. :sol:

So M$ is giving a free OS? I would ask for a night with Bill's wife's high heels tucked under my bed. :lol:

daship

Distinguished
Cool. I did one better then you though. I got a free technet plus subscription for one year. You get one key. I get lots of keys and eack activates 10 PCs. And I got XP Vista, 7 officexp office 03 office 07, server ect......

Lol.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I wish I was back in the 60's again. Started High School 1964. Defered from military service in '68 for College. Played semi-pro hockey for the California Seals.
Here I am now filling out forms for free stuff as long as it dont cost anything!
Biggest thing back in the 50's I was in a Walt Disney movie about a day at Disneyland. I think I was @ 8 years old. Didnt get paid but it was an experience.

Yeah, I should have played Minor league baseball. My HS catcher played AA for Cincinati reds back in the early 70's. Johnny Bench kept him from making the Majors. That and the fact he could never hit my slider. My HS Shortstop is a scout for the White Socks. He signed all those pitchers a few years ago that got them so far (sorry I don't keep up with baseball anymore and don't know specific names). One big dissappointment for me in life was when I met Donald Trump. He had two beautiful models, one on each arm when I met him and exchanged words. I couldn't believe those chicks didn't give me the time of day. LOL.

Yeah, I miss the 60's. I think back to the times often lately.

So, if you are asked to invite people to an online dealywhopper, PM me and I'll join in and on my very best behavior. :)

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I cant remember names. I can tell you mine because its on my drivers license. I think thats me in the picture...What happend? Is that hair or is the picture fuzzy?

You and me both. If you're name is not Don, Bob, Jim, Tom, Linda, Pam, or Ed...I will forget you're name within ten seconds of telling iot to me. It's become embarrassing. Yeah, the last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "It's right back there on the bumper."

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007

I will try to remember. I dont have any idea of what they want or expect. I'll play along. Free has a nice ring to it.

I applied to the Windows 7 party deal too. I haven't heard anything, so I am an also ran. You know, recently I came across a couple of names that I will never forget. Bought my daughter a 2006 Honda Civic a couple of weeks ago from a guy by the name of Yu Dick. Then, a while back a Vietnamese girl came into the office and filled out her personal information for service beginning with Name. Bich Phuck.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007

The last time a cop asked me for my license I said, "She divorced me, is it still good?"

Status
Not open for further replies.