Exchange Instant Messaging Temporarily unavailable

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

Using Windows Messenger 5.1 on Windows XP Pro SP2 W/S and connected to an
Exchange 2000 server. Suddenly, when I try to log on I get the following
error message. "Signing in to Exchange Instant Messaging failed because the
service is temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

I can logon easily on a different workstation using the same account so the
problem must be related to the workstation I'm using. I have tried
uninstalling Messenger and re-installing but have had no success.

Any suggestions please?

John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Found the solution. it related to our proxy server. Even though I had
"Bypass proxy server for local addresses" ticked, I still had to include the
IP address in "Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with"

Anyway, it works now.

John