msn messenger 7.0

hi,

i downloaded msn messenger 7.0 and it wouldnt let me sign in, so i
uninstalled it, and re- downloaded msn messenger 6.2 and now that wont
let me sign in can anybody help plzzz ????

xx

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-msn-ftopict551492.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747416
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger

    Greetings Saz,

    Since you can't immediately login, remember that you can try logging into the Web Messenger,
    at least until you can restore your normal Messenger functionality:
    http://webmessenger.msn.com

    However, here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already.

    1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
    the time and date are set.
    2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
    correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
    3. Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
    something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
    4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
    that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
    upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
    if this is the case.
    5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
    restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
    installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
    6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
    Delete Cookies button.
    7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
    for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
    3.0' is checked, then click OK.
    8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    then click OK
    and do the same for the following:
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    9. If using MSN Messenger 7, click the Tools menu, then Options, then Connection category,
    click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the options, click OK twice and then try
    again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "saz" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i downloaded msn messenger 7.0 and it wouldnt let me sign in, so i
    > uninstalled it, and re- downloaded msn messenger 6.2 and now that wont
    > let me sign in can anybody help plzzz ????
    >
    > xx

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-msn-ftopict551492.html

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP