Does Windows Messenger support miltiple protocols such as AIM and Yahoo!? I
am specifically asking about Windows Messenger and not MSN Messenger -- I am
assuming the latter does not.

Greetings,

Windows Messenger 4.7 supports the .NET Messenger Service (same as MSN Messenger)
exclusively.

Older versions of Windows Messenger and Windows Messenger 5.x also add support for Live
Communcations Server (SIP-Based Communications Servers) and Exchange 2000 IM Servers. AIM
and Yahoo have never been supported in Windows Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert