Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Not me...I'm having a blast :)

"Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> Everyone feels its the end ?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

on what server ? On Merlin, this is getting very boring ...

"Maggdalena" <maggdalena_is@adelphia.net> a écrit dans le message de
> Not me...I'm having a blast :)
>
> "Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> > Everyone feels its the end ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
: Everyone feels its the end ?

Nope, I think Catacombs was the best thing to hit DAoC in a long time, and
has breathed new life into it.

-Steve

--

----
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
: on what server ? On Merlin, this is getting very boring ...

Maybe its the end for you Chuck.. So why don't you cancel and go play WoW
like the rest of the sheep.

WoW is nothing special.. I played it long enough to realize that it really
is no competition for a good game like DAoC.. Just like City of Heros..
People will play it, because it is new. but it will get old quick, and then
they will be back.

-Steve

--

----
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
-- Lao-Tzu

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I never played Wow btw ...

But I cant find a group anymore (Skald 50). Only think going on is players
playing with bots :(

"linuxnut" <linuxnut@sonic.net> a écrit dans le message de
> Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
> : on what server ? On Merlin, this is getting very boring ...
>

> Maybe its the end for you Chuck.. So why don't you cancel and go play WoW
> like the rest of the sheep.
>
> WoW is nothing special.. I played it long enough to realize that it really
> is no competition for a good game like DAoC.. Just like City of Heros..
> People will play it, because it is new. but it will get old quick, and
then
> they will be back.
>
> -Steve
>

> --
>
> ----
> "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
> -- Lao-Tzu

yoyo

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I hope no !

It's sure the activity is greatly reduct especialy in Gaheris...

I hope it's not the end...

Wait and see....

Noors : shaman ML10 Gaheris
Levaillant : Paladin ML3 Gaheris
Ceifferna : Bonedancer ML7 Gaheris
Gelilia : Mentalist ML4 Gaheris
Daidend : Spiritmaster ML2 Gaheris
Donlanair : Warlock Level 43 Gaheris

> I never played Wow btw ...
>
> But I cant find a group anymore (Skald 50). Only think going on is
players
> playing with bots :(
>
> "linuxnut" <linuxnut@sonic.net> a écrit dans le message de
> > Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
> > : on what server ? On Merlin, this is getting very boring ...
> >

> > Maybe its the end for you Chuck.. So why don't you cancel and go play
WoW
> > like the rest of the sheep.
> >
> > WoW is nothing special.. I played it long enough to realize that it
really
> > is no competition for a good game like DAoC.. Just like City of Heros..
> > People will play it, because it is new. but it will get old quick, and
> then
> > they will be back.
> >
> > -Steve
> >

> > --
> >
> > ----
> > "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
> > -- Lao-Tzu

Yeah buff bots are totally arse, I've quit for the second time as things do
seem just a little too quiet. Playing the Anarchy Online free year thing at
the moment, game seems pretty cool and there are plenty of players due to
the basic client being totally free, unfortunatly it seems to have attracted
lots of d00ds.
Give Dark Age a break for a month or two then see how things look when
everyone has settled down and finished trying the newer games.

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Just got to love Cats, and a week on holiday revives the enthusiasm for
playing -a lot :)

"Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> Everyone feels its the end ?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

well , for the Merlin server, the holidays didnt bring any new players. In
fact , It was the first time that I only saw 600 players on a saturday night
(Midgard).
Its getting worst everyday :( .

"noblot_uk" <noblot_uk@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> Just got to love Cats, and a week on holiday revives the enthusiasm for
> playing -a lot :)
>
> "Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> > Everyone feels its the end ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
: well , for the Merlin server, the holidays didnt bring any new players. In
: fact , It was the first time that I only saw 600 players on a saturday night
: (Midgard).
: Its getting worst everyday :( .

You can try a new server, Percival is fun and always in the 1800+ users,
same with Guinever. I play Mid on Guin and it's allways a happening place
=) I play Alb on Perc, and its pretty busy at times too.

-Steve

--

----
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
-- Lao-Tzu

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

according to DAOC , Merlin is the most popular server of all. 1800 users is
not enough. We used to reach 2900 players a few months ago on Merlin.

All my characters are on Merlin and I really dont feel like starting a new
one on another server.
I guess its time to try WoW.

Cya all

> Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
> : well , for the Merlin server, the holidays didnt bring any new players.
In
> : fact , It was the first time that I only saw 600 players on a saturday
night
> : (Midgard).
> : Its getting worst everyday :( .
>
> You can try a new server, Percival is fun and always in the 1800+ users,
> same with Guinever. I play Mid on Guin and it's allways a happening place
> =) I play Alb on Perc, and its pretty busy at times too.
>
> -Steve
>
> --
>
> ----
> "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
> -- Lao-Tzu

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:
: according to DAOC , Merlin is the most popular server of all. 1800 users is
: not enough. We used to reach 2900 players a few months ago on Merlin.

: All my characters are on Merlin and I really dont feel like starting a new
: one on another server.
: I guess its time to try WoW.

: Cya all

Have you tried any of the new classes? Maybe that will re-spark some
interest for you?

-Steve

--

----
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
-- Lao-Tzu

Skip

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I have taken a break from DAoC several times since it first came out. I
keep coming back, because the competition just doesn't cut it. Cat has been
a nice upgrade. Good to see the game grow.

"David Hall" <davehall@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
Hi,

Chuck, don't lose hope for Merlin Mid. There still are plenty of us
there.

Oh, and if you pick either Dragonmaw/Alliance or Ner'fal (SP?)/Horde, let
me know. I have toons in all the starting regions.

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:41:14 -0500, Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote:

> Everyone feels its the end ?

On the contrary, it feels like a new beginning. I moved to City of Heroes
after seeing the effects of ToA on the community, and have just barely
kept my account alive until recently. But with the release of Catacombs
and the new free levels for casual players, I find myself going medieval
more often again. I haven't got Catacombs myself, but I sometimes meet
toons of the new classes and they have some pretty interesting features.

good sign." -G

Magnus Itland wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:41:14 -0500, Chuck <nospammm@no_spam.com>
wrote:

> > Everyone feels its the end ?
>
> On the contrary, it feels like a new beginning. I moved to City of
Heroes
> after seeing the effects of ToA on the community, and have just
barely
> kept my account alive until recently. But with the release of
Catacombs
> and the new free levels for casual players, I find myself going
medieval
> more often again. I haven't got Catacombs myself, but I sometimes
meet
> toons of the new classes and they have some pretty interesting
features.

What free levels exactly (for casual users)?

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

In article <1107101501.283621.176370@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
jskeens@gmail.com says...

> What free levels exactly (for casual users)?

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1651.shtml

Mal
--
Terris the Reaver (50) Albion, Excalibur [GOA]
Terrius the Heretic (30) Albion, Lancelot [Mythic]

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Greetings fellow Geeks,
I played DAOC off and on since the beginning and i must say i am very saddened to hear the end is coming near for DAOC. Atm i'm not playing any mmorpg and i was going to come back ( for a third time ) to DAOC but everytime i check out the Herald, just not enough players are on to make the low levels enjoyable. Seems as though i'd have to grind it out for RVR...even though thats what makes DAOC what it is. I strongly feel this is one of the best games ever to be made and I hate to see it go down to a money sink that is WoW. Well..thats my two cents...i guess i will wait for Mythic's Warhammer MMORPG to come out.

-Best of luck Gamers
Hylon.