AXP 1900 $158 at newegg, ordered rest of my stuff

G

I'm very excited, I've been using Pentium all these years, had a Pentium 3 700 mhz. Now I have finally ordered all the parts for my new computer I'm building, any opinions are welcome of my choices.

Athlon XP 1900 CPU--(just ordered a couple of minutes ago for $158 shipped at Newegg!! awesome price)
Visiontek Geforce 4 ti4600 128 mb 3-d card
ASUS 415-D Nforce motherboard
Muschkin 512 mb ram
Soundlbaster Audigy soundcard
80 GIG maxtor 7200 rpm hard drive
black Lite-On cdrw
Lian Li PC65 Aluminum Case with window
Antec 400W Power supply

Wooo hooo hope it all works hahahaha

prfstrkr

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
I think you might have to reconsider your mobo choice...Nforce chipset has good performance in some fields, but is better known for lacking of support.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17357" target="_new">My Computer</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I can't really recommend the nForce, but if you're comfortable ordering it, go for it.

I always recommend against Creative Labs cards, but if you feel you must, then ok.

How much are you paying for the Mushkin? Last I checked, it was horribly overpriced.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
what montherboard would you recommend <b><font color=green>FatBurger</font color=green></b>?
im think about building an AXP system and ive already decided the easy part (the cpu, which is going to be the 1900+...unless you feel the 1800+ is a better choice)...
now i just need to figure out what motherboard to get...
i already know the i want a board with the KT266a chip...the only question is which one?
i was thinking about the abit kr7a...but i want onboard sound (which the abit board doesnt have)...
i was also thinking about the asus a7v266e and the soyo dragon+ (but more of the asus)...but im stumped...
any suggestions?
btw...i think i remeber you recommending an msi board...but im not sure...please refresh my memory.

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

FatBurger

Illustrious
The MSI K7T266 Pro2 is a very good board, but fairly quirky. The Soyo Dragon+ is also very good.
The main benefit of the MSI over all the others is the USB2.0.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
thanks burger...but no quirky boards for me...but ill consider the dragon+ a little more...but im still leaning towards the asus boards...hmm...well..ill leave it to faith (ie...coin toss...best two out of three)...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I recommend the IWill XP333 for OCing and the Asus A7V333 for general use.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Because the sound much like the Nfarce was way overhyped. But as far as onboard sound goes, it blows away anything else available.

Anything goes when it comes to hoes cuz pimpin aint easy.

G

ok this is very odd, for the last month I have read consistantly every review and every opinion of the 415-D nforce motherboard, every time all I read was how its the most stable and even saw benchmarks where it was in the lead over the other ones, not by much but in the lead nontheless.....and providing nforce has great support for nforce 3-d cards I doubt they would have lacking support in the motherboard and now when I say I have bought one, I'm told they are not good? haha but no matter I will find out in a couple of days when my cpu gets here how good it is hehe

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by madpriest on 03/30/02 04:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Blows away any other onboard sound? Does this include the Cmedia chip? If so, that's a pretty good testimony. I think this level of sound and Dolby Digital capability is a huge step up for onboard sound. I'm not convinced that Audigy is any better. (On the otherhand, I haven't heard either one).

I even think nForce works well, if you aren't overclocking. The problem is it does not stand out. A classic case of too little, too late.

Maybe the second genereration will incorporate video that can pass for high performance. (I hope).

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>