I have downloaded one of the extra winks from MSN Messenger 7.0 and it shows
up under the list under My Winks. When I try to send it to a friend who I am
having a video conversation with, he can't see it. It shows up on my monitor
and I can hear it, but he can't see or hear anything.

What am I doing wrong??

They may not have the latest version of Messenger and therefore can't see
your winks..tell them to go to the messenger site and download the latest
version.