WINDOWS MESSENGER DOESN’T OPEN

I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP PRO
BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN ORDER TO
GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN WINDOWS
MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK, THE
INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER IN START
MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN BE
HAPPENING, THANKS

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OPEN-ftopict552568.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933
6 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger doesn open

    Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.

    Windows Messenger 5.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

    See if that helps.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "" wrote:
    > Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.
    >
    > Windows Messenger 5.1
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > See if that helps.
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

    > > I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP
    > PRO
    > > BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN
    > ORDER TO
    > > GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN
    > WINDOWS
    > > MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK,
    > THE
    > > INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER
    > IN START
    > > MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
    > > INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN
    > BE
    > > HAPPENING, THANKS
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OPEN-ftopict552568.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933

    I’VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK WINDOWS
    MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS NOT EVEN IN
    MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST

    You might want to fix that Caps Lock button on your computer.

    --

    "sertecpc" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.
    > >
    > > Windows Messenger 5.1
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en
    > >
    > > See if that helps.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary Tsang
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >

    > > "sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

    > > > I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP
    > > PRO
    > > > BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN
    > > ORDER TO
    > > > GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN
    > > WINDOWS
    > > > MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK,
    > > THE
    > > > INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER
    > > IN START
    > > > MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
    > > > INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN
    > > BE
    > > > HAPPENING, THANKS
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > > request
    > > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    > > standards
    > > > Topic URL:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OPEN-ftopict552568.html
    > > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > > abuse:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933
    >
    > I'VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK WINDOWS
    > MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS NOT EVEN IN
    > MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST

    Greetings,

    Download and run both of these .reg files:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg

    You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "" wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Download and run both of these .reg files:
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
    >
    > You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
    > Kay.
    >
    > "sertecpc" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I'VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK
    > WINDOWS
    > > MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS
    > NOT EVEN IN
    > > MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST

    I LOVE IT! IT’S WORKING NOW! PERFECTLY AFTER APLYING THOSE REG KEYS,
    CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE WHAT DID I FIX APLYING THAT? WHAT WAS WRONG,
    JUST TO KNOW, THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OPEN-ftopict552568.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1754304
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    "sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > I LOVE IT! IT'S WORKING NOW! PERFECTLY AFTER APLYING THOSE REG KEYS,
    > CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE WHAT DID I FIX APLYING THAT? WHAT WAS WRONG,
    > JUST TO KNOW, THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

    The key is used to for administrators who wish to block Messenger usage, not sure how it got
    turned on if you didn't specifically turn it on...
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP