WINDOWS MESSENGER DOESN’T OPEN

July 3, 2005 12:35:38 AM

I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP PRO
BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN ORDER TO
GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN WINDOWS
MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK, THE
INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER IN START
MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN BE
HAPPENING, THANKS

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OP...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:52:30 AM

Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.

Windows Messenger 5.1

See if that helps.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP PRO
> BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN ORDER TO
> GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN WINDOWS
> MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK, THE
> INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER IN START
> MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
> INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN BE
> HAPPENING, THANKS

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OP...
July 3, 2005 11:36:00 PM

"" wrote:
> Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.
>
> Windows Messenger 5.1
>
> See if that helps.
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> > I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP
> PRO
> > BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN
> ORDER TO
> > GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN
> WINDOWS
> > MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK,
> THE
> > INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER
> IN START
> > MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
> > INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN
> BE
> > HAPPENING, THANKS
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OP...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933

I’VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK WINDOWS
MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS NOT EVEN IN
MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST
July 4, 2005 12:34:21 AM

You might want to fix that Caps Lock button on your computer.

--

"sertecpc" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > Try installing the latest version of Windows Messenger.
> >
> > Windows Messenger 5.1
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
> >
> > See if that helps.
> >
> > --
> > Gary Tsang
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >

> > "sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> > > I RECENTLY UNINSTALLED WINDOWS MESSENGER 4.6 FROM MY WIN XP
> > PRO
> > > BECAUSE I WASNT USING IT, BUT I REALIZE I NEED IT LATER IN
> > ORDER TO
> > > GIVE REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO MY FRIEND I INSTALLED AGAIN
> > WINDOWS
> > > MESSENGER 4.6 AND NOW IT DOESNT OPEN IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK,
> > THE
> > > INSTALLATION WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I CLICK WINDOWS MESSENGER
> > IN START
> > > MENU IT JUST DOESNT DO ANYTHING AND WHEN I ACCEPT MY FRIENDS
> > > INVITATION TO REMOTE ASSITANCE DOESNT DO ANYTHING, WHAT CAN
> > BE
> > > HAPPENING, THANKS
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > > request
> > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> > standards
> > > Topic URL:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OP...
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> > abuse:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751933
>
> I'VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK WINDOWS
> MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS NOT EVEN IN
> MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:35:00 AM

Greetings,

Download and run both of these .reg files:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindow...
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessen...

You'll need to reboot to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"sertecpc" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> I'VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK WINDOWS
> MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS NOT EVEN IN
> MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 7:38:02 PM

"" wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Download and run both of these .reg files:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindow...
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessen...
>
> You'll need to reboot to see the change.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
>
> "sertecpc" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>
> > I'VE ALREADY TRYED THAT AND IT JUST HAPPEN THE SAME, I CLICK
> WINDOWS
> > MESSENGER IN MY START MENU AND JUST NOTHING HAPPEN, AND IS
> NOT EVEN IN
> > MY SYSTEM PROCESSES LIST

I LOVE IT! IT’S WORKING NOW! PERFECTLY AFTER APLYING THOSE REG KEYS,
CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE WHAT DID I FIX APLYING THAT? WHAT WAS WRONG,
JUST TO KNOW, THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-WINDOWS-DOESN-OP...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1754304
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 1:31:18 AM

"sertecpc" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> I LOVE IT! IT'S WORKING NOW! PERFECTLY AFTER APLYING THOSE REG KEYS,
> CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE WHAT DID I FIX APLYING THAT? WHAT WAS WRONG,
> JUST TO KNOW, THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

The key is used to for administrators who wish to block Messenger usage, not sure how it got
turned on if you didn't specifically turn it on...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert