Odd USB problem with A7A266

Amair_sc

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2001
Hello everyone, I have been experiencing a very unusual problem with the USB devices on my computer. First of all I should mention that I use a A7A266 asus mobo with the alimagik 1 chipset in my rig.

Let me describe the problem I run into. Whenever I am in windows (98se) I can use my USB devices without a single problem (cordless mouse and gravis gamepad). The mouse works great and the calibrating tests show that the gamepad is working properly. The thing is, when I load up a game (i.e Lord of Destruction) the mouse works perfectly for a short period of time (I never get into the game, only in the menus) and then stops responding completely. When I exit the game and return to the windows desktop, my mouse still refuses to respond. The only way I can get the device working again is by rebooting my computer.

I have installed the windows update patch for USB devices to no avail, I also checked out Acer Techs site for drivers (and also to check if this was a known issue) but found nothing that helped me fix this problem.

What do you guys think? Do I simply have a faulty mobo or is it a software/driver problem? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading :)

AMD + Intel = lower prices for me :)

G

Try updating the driver first. I have the same problem running Windows 2000, trying to run UT, and was lazy not installing proper driver for logitech mouse.