Need help with buildin new computer

G

I want to build a new computer soon. Here are some of the parts I am going to buy.

ASUS:A7V333, KT333, SOCKET A, 5PCI, AGP PRO, 3 DDR333DIMM, AUDIO, UDMA 133, USB2.0, ATX
athlon xp 2000+
2 kingmax ddr333 256 megs ram
Plextor Plexwriter 24/10/40A Internal EIDE/ATAPI CD-RW Drive.

I am unsure about which harddrive I want to buy. I want to buy a maxtor harddrive, but I am unsure if I want to buy an EIDE or SCSI harddrive. I want 2 harddrives with at least 80 gigs total. I was thinking I could either buy 1 eide hd and 1 scsi hd. The scsi would run my os and all my programs and the other would be for storage. Or i could get two eide and use raid 0. I was wondering which would be better. And also, do any boards have support for scsi or would I have to buy a controller?

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Why the hell do you need two freaking 80GB hard drives? WITH RAID??? Well, if you feel like splurging money. Then you might as well get a Maxtor diamondmax plus 60GB 7200RPMs. Extremely good value at only bout $179 dollars. I thought scsi an eide worked the same performance wise Lol. J/k...but really, you have absolutely no need for 2 hard drives unless you have some kind of need for a workstation. Might as well just get a Seagate Cheeatah 15Gb 15000RPMS for about $150 I believe.

You should save money and downgrade to an Asus A7V-266E and 1 stick of PC-266 DDR SDRAM. You will see very, very little gain in performance with the PC-333 DDR.

"When there's a will, there's a way."