Can't update Windows Messenger v. 4.6.0.78

July 6, 2005 11:54:01 PM

At present I have the above version of Messenger. Each time that I log on to
the Internet I get a message asking if I want to update it. I have answered
'Yes' several times and it looks as if an update downloads but next time I
log on the pesky message reappears.
I have contacted MS who have been less than helpful - just referred me to
the Knowledge Base that I have already looked at - although might have
missed something!!

Any assistance given will be appreciated. I'm running Windows XP
Professional.

Bill
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:54:02 PM

Greeting
"Bill Stage" <richardhumph@merseymail.com> wrote in message
> At present I have the above version of Messenger. Each time that I log on to the Internet I
> get a message asking if I want to update it. I have answered 'Yes' several times and it
> looks as if an update downloads but next time I log on the pesky message reappears.
> I have contacted MS who have been less than helpful - just referred me to the Knowledge
> Base that I have already looked at - although might have missed something!!
>
> Any assistance given will be appreciated. I'm running Windows XP Professional.
>
> Bill

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:54:03 PM

Greetings Bill,