Can't update Windows Messenger v. 4.6.0.78

At present I have the above version of Messenger. Each time that I log on to
the Internet I get a message asking if I want to update it. I have answered
'Yes' several times and it looks as if an update downloads but next time I
log on the pesky message reappears.
I have contacted MS who have been less than helpful - just referred me to
the Knowledge Base that I have already looked at - although might have
missed something!!

Any assistance given will be appreciated. I'm running Windows XP
Professional.

Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about update windows messenger

    Greeting
    "Bill Stage" <richardhumph@merseymail.com> wrote in message
    > At present I have the above version of Messenger. Each time that I log on to the Internet I
    > get a message asking if I want to update it. I have answered 'Yes' several times and it
    > looks as if an update downloads but next time I log on the pesky message reappears.
    > I have contacted MS who have been less than helpful - just referred me to the Knowledge
    > Base that I have already looked at - although might have missed something!!
    >
    > Any assistance given will be appreciated. I'm running Windows XP Professional.
    >
    > Bill

    Greetings Bill,

    Grab the latest from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Greeting
    > "Bill Stage" <richardhumph@merseymail.com> wrote in message
    >> At present I have the above version of Messenger. Each time that I log on to the Internet
    >> I get a message asking if I want to update it. I have answered 'Yes' several times and it
    >> looks as if an update downloads but next time I log on the pesky message reappears.
    >> I have contacted MS who have been less than helpful - just referred me to the Knowledge
    >> Base that I have already looked at - although might have missed something!!
    >>
    >> Any assistance given will be appreciated. I'm running Windows XP Professional.
    >>
    >> Bill

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP