Cannot log into Messenger 7

I cannot log into Messenger 7 on my laptop, but can get in
successfully using Messenger 6.2 if I uninstall 7 and install 6.2.

If I try to sign in with 7, it announces to those on my contacts list
that I have signed in, but on my screen it continues to try and sign
in. I know this to be true as I log in to my other PC with a different
account and can see the notification that I have signed in.

I’ve tried the fix that suggests playing with the connection settings
and testing the connection. I have also tried clearing my temp files,
but neither have helped.

The Beta version worked fine and I have had the issue since I upgraded
to the full version of 7. The new release (7.0.0816) gives the same
problems as the previous ones.

I contacted Microsoft support, but they were not particularly helpful,
with a different person contacting me each time and basically just
suggesting what the last person had said. So any help would be
brilliant.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-log-ftopict553834.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1757863

"chuggy" wrote:
> I cannot log into Messenger 7 on my laptop, but can get in
> successfully using Messenger 6.2 if I uninstall 7 and install
> 6.2.
>
> If I try to sign in with 7, it announces to those on my
> contacts list that I have signed in, but on my screen it
> continues to try and sign in. I know this to be true as I log
> in to my other PC with a different account and can see the
> notification that I have signed in.
>
> I've tried the fix that suggests playing with the connection
> settings and testing the connection. I have also tried
> clearing my temp files, but neither have helped.
>
> The Beta version worked fine and I have had the issue since I
> upgraded to the full version of 7. The new release (7.0.0816)
> gives the same problems as the previous ones.
>
> I contacted Microsoft support, but they were not particularly
> helpful, with a different person contacting me each time and
> basically just suggesting what the last person had said. So
> any help would be brilliant.

Sorry, I also forgot to include this error keep getting when trying to
sign in.
http://www.sunnisidefc.co.uk/messengererror.JPG

I’ve uploaded a screenshot of it here. It is a C++ error that I get
when signing in, just after my contacts are informed that I’m online.

I’ve ensured that everything is up to date using Windows Update and
have followed all the 9 instructions provided in a previous post for a
similar issue, but nothing has helped.

i have the same problem, any assisstance would be appreciated greatly

"" wrote:
> i have the same problem, any assisstance would be appreciated
> greatly
>
> "chuggy" wrote:
>
> > "chuggy" wrote:
> > > I cannot log into Messenger 7 on my laptop, but can get
> in
> > > successfully using Messenger 6.2 if I uninstall 7 and
> install
> > > 6.2.
> > >
> > > If I try to sign in with 7, it announces to those on my
> > > contacts list that I have signed in, but on my screen it
> > > continues to try and sign in. I know this to be true as I
> log
> > > in to my other PC with a different account and can see
> the
> > > notification that I have signed in.
> > >
> > > I've tried the fix that suggests playing with the
> connection
> > > settings and testing the connection. I have also tried
> > > clearing my temp files, but neither have helped.
> > >
> > > The Beta version worked fine and I have had the issue
> since I
> > > upgraded to the full version of 7. The new release
> (7.0.0816)
> > > gives the same problems as the previous ones.
> > >
> > > I contacted Microsoft support, but they were not
> particularly
> > > helpful, with a different person contacting me each time
> and
> > > basically just suggesting what the last person had said.
> So
> > > any help would be brilliant.
> >
> > Sorry, I also forgot to include this error keep getting when
> trying to
> > sign in.
> > http://www.sunnisidefc.co.uk/messengererror.JPG
> >
> > I’ve uploaded a screenshot of it here. It is a C++ error
> that I get
> > when signing in, just after my contacts are informed that
> I’m online.
> >
> > I’ve ensured that everything is up to date using Windows
> Update and
> > have followed all the 9 instructions provided in a previous
> post for a
> > similar issue, but nothing has helped.

I totally uninstalled my Firewall and that seems to have done the
trick. Installed Messenger 7 after i’d removed the firewall & it
worked. Then I reinstalled the firewall and it’s all working now :D

Hope this works for you sniperov.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-log-ftopict553834.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1759645

thanks, but just one last question, which firewall did you use? was it Zone
Alarm Pro by any chance, because I use that firewall, and if it worked for
you then I want to give it a definite try. Thanks. Sniperov.

"" wrote:
> thanks, but just one last question, which firewall did you
> use? was it Zone
> Alarm Pro by any chance, because I use that firewall, and if
> it worked for
> you then I want to give it a definite try. Thanks. Sniperov.
>
> "chuggy" wrote:
>
> > "" wrote:
> > > i have the same problem, any assisstance would be
> appreciated
> > > greatly

> get
> > > in
> and
> > > install

> my
> screen it
> as I
> > > log
> see
> > > the

> > > connection
> tried

> issue
> > > since I
> > > (7.0.0816)

> > > particularly
> time
> > > and
> said.
> > > So

> when
> > > trying to

> C++ error
> > > that I get
> that
> > > I’m online.

> Windows
> > > Update and
> previous
> > > post for a
> > > >

> > I totally uninstalled my Firewall and that seems to have
> done the
> > trick. Installed Messenger 7 after i’d removed the
> firewall & it
> > worked. Then I reinstalled the firewall and it’s all
> working now :D
> >
> > Hope this works for you sniperov.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request