Contacts not integrating with Outlook Express

I've recently install MSN 7.0 and my unblocked MSN contacts do no appear in
Outlook Express as either online or offline. Previous versions of MSN have
displayed my contacts. Has anyone had this problem and know a solution? Is
it a bug?

Thank you
Julia
2 answers Last reply
More about contacts integrating outlook express

    Greetings Julia,

    In Windows XP, only Windows Messenger will integrate with Outlook Express. MSN Messenger
    will not.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:O8$CCEygFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > I've recently install MSN 7.0 and my unblocked MSN contacts do no appear in Outlook Express
    > as either online or offline. Previous versions of MSN have displayed my contacts. Has
    > anyone had this problem and know a solution? Is it a bug?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Julia

    Hi there

    Thank you for letting me know the MSN is not integrated with OE.

    I went to your attached link and downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 update but
    now I am unable to install it. I only have the option to 'Open'. Please
    can you let me know how to install the updated version.

    Thanks alot again.
    Regards
    Julia

    > Greetings Julia,
    >
    > In Windows XP, only Windows Messenger will integrate with Outlook Express.
    > MSN Messenger will not.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
    >> I've recently install MSN 7.0 and my unblocked MSN contacts do no appear
    >> in Outlook Express as either online or offline. Previous versions of
    >> MSN have displayed my contacts. Has anyone had this problem and know a
    >> solution? Is it a bug?
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Julia

MSN Outlook Express Windows XP