Recommended Mobo for a P4?

Donster

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2002
What Mobo would you recommend for a P4 Socket 478 1.8 CPU?
What is the best Chipset? Want to use DDR Ram. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Donster

Donster

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2002
I haven't considered it because I read an article that said it was not that popular and was on the way out. I have decided to purchase the Giga-Byte GA8IRXP motherboard, after reading the article here at Tom's site. Thanks.

Donster

FatBurger

Illustrious
Which is untrue, but if you still want to go with DDR, I won't stop you.

By the way, even if RDRAM was on the way out and you went with DDR, it still wouldn't make a difference, since you'd have to buy a new motherboard to upgrade the platform anyway.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Furthermore, if he plans on eventually using PC1066 RDRAM, he will have to wait for a board with the new i850<b>e</b> chipset! :wink:

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Not at all, I can run a 133MHz FSB on my TH7II-RAID. Furthermore, it has a jumper to switch between 100 and 133.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Of course you are correct FB, I was thinking of the 32bit RIMMS.

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>